Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: When Will Dems Admit They Were Wrong About Trump's Tax Cuts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tax Revenues Jump 13% To Record High In April — When Will Dems Admit They Were Wrong About Trump's Tax Cuts?

Economy: The federal government collected far more taxes this April than it did a year ago, despite the "budget busting" Trump tax cuts. So, we'll ask again: Are the tax cuts paying for themselves?

https://www.investors.com/politics/edito...hemselves/
It’s going to take a few more positve quarters I think. This last quarter boomed but that can be chalked up to a ton of panic sales before tariffs were to kick in. Ao far, it looks like the spark the economy needed.
Unfortunately, receipts were down 9.7% in May 2018 compared to May 2017, and down 6.6% in June 2018 compared to June 2017. 2018 YTD receipts are up 2.4% versus the same period 2017. The problem is, outlays are up 3.5%.
(07-30-2018, 04:55 PM)Gettin\ Jaggy with it Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, receipts were down 9.7% in May 2018 compared to May 2017, and down 6.6% in June 2018 compared to June 2017. 2018 YTD receipts are up 2.4% versus the same period 2017. The problem is, outlays are up 3.5%.

Right if the economy really was running at a good clip you would expect outlays to be down as fewer people need various welfare programs. Of course some of the increase is due to more and more baby boomers on social security and Medicare and maybe some of it is inflation that hasn't been factored out yet?

In any case the point is it's too early for these relationships to be clear. Give it time, let them crunch more numbers.
Admit they were wrong? Hell, they're doubling down.

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/e...o-medicare

"We recognize the need to address budget deficits. That's one of the main reasons we were so opposed to President Trump's unpaid-for tax giveaway. We also know that in issues of taxes and federal spending, we need a system of shared sacrifice and shared responsibility."

See, it's not your money, it's theirs, and a tax break is them giving their money away, not you getting to keep yours. The perspective of the thief , that's all politics is. 
0bama should get the credit.

I mean, he did absolutely nothing positive to help the economy for eight full years.

Then, he decided to spring it all on us in the second year of the Trump administration.

Thanks 0bama!
(07-31-2018, 03:49 PM)pirkster Wrote: [ -> ]0bama should get the credit.

I mean, he did absolutely nothing positive to help the economy for eight full years.

Then, he decided to spring it all on us in the second year of the Trump administration.

Thanks 0bama!

My Sarcasm needle went off the scale there..........