Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2007 Jags vs Current Roster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which roster is more talented?  Which team would you take?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...roster.htm
the 2007 team. It was missing 1 dominating all pro edge pass rusher from going to the super bowl.
Quote:the 2007 team. It was missing 1 dominating all pro edge pass rusher from going to the super bowl.

.... and we landed him in the draft.  Had to trade up but it was worth it.  Otherwise, the past 10 years would have been a disaster.

Can we go back in time and drop A-Rob, Hurns, Ramsey, Ngakoue, Fowler, and Jack on to that 07 team?

I miss that year...

I'd only take that '07 o-line over today's.
Quote:the 2007 team. It was missing 1 dominating all pro edge pass rusher from going to the super bowl.
I would argue that we were only missing a good WR from making it to the Super Bowl
Quote:I would argue that we were only missing a good WR from making it to the Super Bowl
No way. You saw what Tom Brady did, he had all day to throw and got like a 90+% completion. It was frustrating watching that.
Quote:I'd only take that '07 o-line over today's.

You're not taking the 07 RBs over what we got now?
Quote:You're not taking the 07 RBs over what we got now?

I think our current backs would be ok if they had a hole to run through. Of course they aren't Freddy or MJD.
Quote:No way. You saw what Tom Brady did, he had all day to throw and got like a 90+% completion. It was frustrating watching that.

I remember they dropped eight in coverage all game. Did we even pressure brady once?
Quote:I remember they dropped eight in coverage all game. Did we even pressure brady once?

First play of the game, Henderson got a sack.

Other than that...
Quote:First play of the game, Henderson got a sack.

Other than that...
Stroud was out with an injury
I think this roster has more potential. In 2007 we had a raw defense and one of the best running back duos in the NFL. This roster has a top 10 possible top 5 QB and a defense that has the potential to be a shut down defense. But for now I would pick the 2007 roster. 

I'd take this roster with 2 more seasons of experience.
Quote:Can we go back in time and drop A-Rob, Hurns, Ramsey, Ngakoue, Fowler, and Jack on to that 07 team?

This all day. Or bring that 07 team to today and keep thone guys
Quote:No way. You saw what Tom Brady did, he had all day to throw and got like a 90+% completion. It was frustrating watching that.

That Patriots team had an historically good offense. 
Quote:That Patriots team had an historically good offense.

And even with all that, with better WRs, we probably still win that game. It's not like we went out there and stunk up the field.

That drop by Northcutt will forever be seared into my aging brain.
Quote:That drop by Northcutt will forever be seared into my aging brain.
Ughh.....
Rashean mathis > jalen Ramsey
Pages: 1 2