Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If you could
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would you trade Blake straight up for James Winston? I feel like Jameis would have super starred here with him, Telvin, and Jalen. I'd do it.
You are insane.

Heck no! I like Bortles,Carr and Jameis but I'd still take Bortles of the three. I am concerned with the way Bortles has played so far in 2016. I'm choosing to keep the faith though
I doubt Telvin and Jalen would have anything to do with the success of Winston being they both play defense. If we want to talk about trading Bortles let's at least talk about trading him for a good QB
Spacecoastjag freak out in 3...2...1...
I'm speaking in reference to his leadership and ability to player motivate. Him and Gus combined would make for a great combo.
I like Jameis, but I don't see how he's a better QB than Bortles at this point in time, so the trade doesn't make sense. Would it make Telvin, Jalen, and Greene all giddy? Yeah, but that doesn't matter in the NFL. They should focus on making the team great and getting wins.

Quote:You are insane.

I would use a different word if I had no warning points LOL.
Blake Bortles'  dependability history off the field is a major reason why I think it would be a mistake for the Jaguars to make this trade if it was somehow a viable option.

Quote:Would you trade Blake straight up for James Winston? I feel like Jameis would have super starred here with him, Telvin, and Jalen. I'd do it.

Put your stupid madden game down.
Quote:Would you trade Blake straight up for James Winston? I feel like Jameis would have super starred here with him, Telvin, and Jalen. I'd do it.

You must not know Jville. Jameis will last days before he's run out of town. Heck they are still ambivalent towards Bridgewater who has zero to do with em. Think Blake is under hot waters now?
Uhhhhhh no.
No I still like Bortles size, and athleticism better.  He is just more of a project than the other two.  When he starts to be more consistent and tightens up that throwing motion he will be very good.   Carr I see having durability issues in the long term and Winston has knack for making interceptions based in having too much confidence in his abilities.  I believe that most of Bortles interceptions are more mental mistakes than anything, which I think is easier to fix than interceptions caused by trying to constantly thread needles.

No.

Lol I knew this wold get some funny resposes HA!
Yeah, he's a winner and a leader. Has long throwing motion but not as bad as blake
Please tell me this is a sarcastic post.
I wouldn't trade away Bortles for anyone. I have faith in him. Plus he's fun to watch.
No thanks. Winston and Bortles are likely on their way to becoming game managers, at best(if they remain starters). We will be drafting a QB again in the next 2 years, or Allen will step in. I just don't see Bortles holding on to the job if he does not completely fix his mechanics. 

Quote:No thanks. Winston and Bortles are likely on their way to becoming game managers, at best(if they remain starters). We will be drafting a QB again in the next 2 years, or Allen will step in. I just don't see Bortles holding on to the job if he does not completely fix his mechanics.

Aside from Brady, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, perhaps Brees n Rivers, aren't they all glorified managers? The league is still generally pedestrian at the position though rules favor offenses, giving them a leg up on the scoreboard. Look at your next tier - how do you categorize Dalton, Ryan, Wilson, Manning, Stafford?

I think some are quite knee jerk with Bortles. He is a 3rd year QB finding his niche, learning to win, discerning intricacies of Ds. He is still fearless, and a competitor. Patience please. We've come too far to think new QB at this stage, imo. Unless he regresses progressively. I think he continues to bounce back as the season wears on.
Pages: 1 2