Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: FBI fires Peter Strzok, months after anti-Trump texts revealed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FBI fires Peter Strzok, months after anti-Trump texts revealed

FBI official Peter Strzok, who played a lead role in both the Russian meddling and Hillary Clinton email probes but became a political lightning rod after the revelation of anti-Trump text messages, has been fired.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/...ealed.html
Strzok fired
Comet fired
McCabe fired
Yates fired.
Rosenstein facing impeachment...

Not a SMIDGEN of corruption
So what does this mean in the grand scheme of things? This should have been done MONTHS ago. The fact that this guy remained on the payroll with security clearance in tact is highly concerning.
Political pressure from the Bully in Chief. He has a 1st amendment right. Ot at least he did until he said bad things about Trump. Just ask the CEO of Harley Davidson. You say bad things about Trump and bad things happen to you. Just like the founding fathers planned it.
(08-13-2018, 03:45 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]Political pressure from the Bully in Chief. He has a 1st amendment right. Ot at least he did until he said bad things about Trump. Just ask the CEO of Harley Davidson. You say bad things about Trump and bad things happen to you. Just like the founding fathers planned it.

Amazing people still don't know how the 1st amendment works.
(08-13-2018, 01:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]So what does this mean in the grand scheme of things? This should have been done MONTHS ago. The fact that this guy remained on the payroll with security clearance in tact is highly concerning.

This is just a symptom of a much bigger problem. It's almost impossible for a federal government employee to be fired no matter how he abused his power or how incompetent, and never will they be charged with a crime. Just look at the VA healthcare fiasco. There was no jail time, no fines, no charges, few were even fired and the bulk of those were allowed to claim they resigned.

If you want to know what exactly the term "swamp" refers to, this is it.
OMG! This guy set up a gofundme page seeking 150k and has already raised 60+k!!! What in the hell is wrong with people?
(08-13-2018, 07:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]OMG! This guy set up a gofundme page seeking 150k and has already raised 60+k!!! What in the hell is wrong with people?

#TDSISREAL
#DESTROYINGEVERYSHREDOFCREDIBILITYTHEMUELLERINVESRIGATIONMAYHAVEHAD
#MAGA
I don't think this guy had any undue influence over anyting.
I think the checks and balances within the FBI worked as intended.
But after his affair and his passionate opinions were both exposed, firing him was the only choice.
This guy could find himself with a seat in Congress if he wanted to.
Because voters don't care about who's good for the country or good for their institutions any more, only who's good for their party and pissed off the other party more.
(08-13-2018, 06:17 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2018, 01:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]So what does this mean in the grand scheme of things? This should have been done MONTHS ago. The fact that this guy remained on the payroll with security clearance in tact is highly concerning.

This is just a symptom of a much bigger problem. It's almost impossible for a federal government employee to be fired no matter how he abused his power or how incompetent, and never will they be charged with a crime. Just look at the VA healthcare fiasco. There was no jail time, no fines, no charges, few were even fired and the bulk of those were allowed to claim they resigned.

Scott Pruitt bids you a hearty hello!
(08-13-2018, 09:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think this guy had any undue influence over anyting.
I think the checks and balances within the FBI worked as intended.
But after his affair and his passionate opinions were both exposed, firing him was the only choice.
This guy could find himself with a seat in Congress if he wanted to.
Because voters don't care about who's good for the country or good for their institutions any more, only who's good for their party and pissed off the other party more.

What checks?  Have u been following the story?  The director, deputy director, rosenstein w as I believe an associate ag, Peter strzok was the lead investigator for the Clinton investigation and he opened the Russia probe based on drunken hearsay.  Sally Yates was fired Bruce ohrs wife worked for DOJ.  Christopher Steele is under criminal referral.  

My computer is down.  I'm writing from a phone.  The time it would take to chronicle the systemic corruption...
(08-13-2018, 09:53 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2018, 06:17 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]This is just a symptom of a much bigger problem. It's almost impossible for a federal government employee to be fired no matter how he abused his power or how incompetent, and never will they be charged with a crime. Just look at the VA healthcare fiasco. There was no jail time, no fines, no charges, few were even fired and the bulk of those were allowed to claim they resigned.

Scott Pruitt bids you a hearty hello!

I was talking about the mid-level and lower level bureaucrats who actually abuse their authority or show rank incompetence in performing their jobs.

There have been a lot of top-level people who were fired or forced to resign (especially in the Trump administration), but Pruitt still hasn't faced criminal charges for his illegal use of taxpayer funds. People who have their names in the news and are targets of public opinion are not safe from being fired. Strzok would never have been fired had his name not come up in the national news, and it took months before either Strzok or Pruitt was fired.

And before you bring up the people who have been charged in the Mueller witch hunt (or Scooter Libby), they were not charged because of anything they did in their role as government employees.