Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dorky Golf Fans With Cell Phones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Enough said ...

[Image: 87fe4e9bd7acb4b64207cf9c0a6b7d77]
I find the morons that want to scream [BLEEP] as soon as a player makes contact, far more annoying.
(08-13-2018, 01:23 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I find the morons that want to scream [BLEEP] as soon as a player makes contact, far more annoying.

good point --- i really don't get that either.  

yesterday, the crowd in the back all raised their cell phones with their right hands to video every freaking Tiger putt on each hole.  it looked like they were saluting Hitler or something.
(08-13-2018, 12:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Enough said ...

[Image: 87fe4e9bd7acb4b64207cf9c0a6b7d77]

Kind of miss the good old days when you went to a golf tournament to watch, and cell phones were banned.  Now people go to these tournaments hoping to become some sort of social media star.
(08-13-2018, 03:06 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of miss the good old days when you went to a golf tournament to watch, and cell phones were banned.  Now people go to these tournaments hoping to become some sort of social media star.

No kidding.  The same applies to concerts as well.  Watching hundreds of people with their cell phones in the air takes away from the moment.
(08-14-2018, 03:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2018, 03:06 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of miss the good old days when you went to a golf tournament to watch, and cell phones were banned.  Now people go to these tournaments hoping to become some sort of social media star.

No kidding.  The same applies to concerts as well.  Watching hundreds of people with their cell phones in the air takes away from the moment.

Yeah, that simultaneously annoys and amuses me. And why would these people want to watch what's happening through a tiny little screen. And for what? Post it on YouTube? Oh, yeah, thanks phone-in-the-air-at-a-concert guy for that shaky video with horrible, clipped audio that nobody gives a [BLEEP] about.