Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Queen of Soul has passed away.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dammit dammit dammit.

I hope you found peace lady.
The Queen of Soul and the King of Rock and Roll passed away on the same day...
Respect
(08-16-2018, 12:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]The Queen of Soul and the King of Rock and Roll passed away on the same day...

The influence these two had on music, the world over, is astounding. 

RIP Aretha.
Here genre of music isn't exactly my first choice, but she was one of the greatest.

RIP
She set the bar for soul singers very, very high.

I’m cringing at the thought of the tributes that may come from this, as there aren’t really any currently visible singers that could do justice to her talent and soulfulness.
(08-17-2018, 02:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]She set the bar for soul singers very, very high.

I’m cringing at the thought of the tributes that may come from this, as there aren’t really any currently visible singers that could do justice to her talent and soulfulness.

The amazing thing is how she made it look so effortless. She was a rare talent.
(08-17-2018, 02:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]She set the bar for soul singers very, very high.

I was thinking the same thing. The Tonight Show broadcast the day Aretha Franklin passed featured her music, without anyone singing the lyrics. As fitting a tribute as anyone trying to capture her incomparable voice. They ended the show with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHsnZT7Z2yQ
(08-19-2018, 10:28 AM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]

I was thinking the same thing. The Tonight Show broadcast the day Aretha Franklin passed featured her music, without anyone singing the lyrics. As fitting a tribute as anyone trying to capture her incomparable voice. They ended the show with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHsnZT7Z2yQ

Amazing performance.

One thing that I will note.  At her age in this particular performance it was apparent that she never "lost" her voice like so many other singers do.  Again, her genre of music isn't really my preference, but I could still sit and watch/listen to it just about any time.