Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jeff Session Fires Back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trump Said:  [font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]“I put in an attorney general who never took control of the Justice Department. Jeff Sessions, never took control of the Justice Department. It’s sort of an incredible thing,” [/font]

https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/trump-rips...n-is-this/

Sessions responded: "While I am attorney general, the actions of the Department of Justice will not be improperly influenced by political considerations.  I demand the highest standards, and where they are not met, I take action."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45286906
Well, isn't that something.
The Attorney General is appointed by the President. The President can hire and fire the attorney general any time he wants. So if Trump doesn't like him, why doesn't he fire him and get a new one?
(08-24-2018, 05:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]The Attorney General is appointed by the President.   The President can hire and fire the attorney general any time he wants.   So if Trump doesn't like him, why doesn't he fire him and get a new one?

And set new Pearl Clutching records on the Left?
Session’s response is on point, but the problem is that he can’t and won’t live by his very words. The DOJ is corrupt and has been highly influenced politically, as he sits stupid on the sidelines. My guess is he will be fired after mid-terms or when the ‘collusion’ dust settles.
Sessions doesn't make it another 6 months. Probably the worst AG in history and the biggest mistake of Trumps presidency.
Good morning Mr. Strzok. How are u today.
That’s the most he’s done since joining. His words are nice, but he’s not actually doing that. He’s useless.
Maybe it’s just me, but the man doesn’t sound very bright when he speaks.
(08-24-2018, 11:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it’s just me, but the man doesn’t sound very bright when he speaks.

That's because he's not. The guy's "aw, shucks"ed his way through Alabama for decades. He's got the combined thinking prowess of Adam2012 and a dead snail (with apologies to the dead snail). If he wasn't such a stooge for certain special interests that are extremely popular in, you know, Alabama, he'd have been exposed and laughed out of Congress long ago.
(08-26-2018, 09:43 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2018, 11:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it’s just me, but the man doesn’t sound very bright when he speaks.

That's because he's not. The guy's "aw, shucks"ed his way through Alabama for decades. He's got the combined thinking prowess of Adam2012 and a dead snail (with apologies to the dead snail). If he wasn't such a stooge for certain special interests that are extremely popular in, you know, Alabama, he'd have been exposed and laughed out of Congress long ago.

I do enjoy it when SNL spoofs Sessions...

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017_10_01_at_11.08.04_AM.0.png]
(08-24-2018, 08:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Sessions doesn't make it another 6 months. Probably the worst AG in history and the biggest mistake of Trumps presidency.

Worst AG in history? You clearly don't know American history. 

So what's he done, other than show a little bit of integrity? Can't have that? He's implemented Donald's agenda very faithfully.

If Donald were innocent and wants to get to the bottom of Russia's involvement why would he have a problem with Sessions?

It's because he won't put on some phony political show trails, to divert attention from some of Donald's sleazy actions, isn't it?

Only in Trump World could Jeff Sessions - Jeff Sessions! - come across as a sympathetic figure.

(08-26-2018, 09:43 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]

He was the first in the Senate to support Donald - of course he's not too bright. What more proof do you need.

A dead snail? You're a Rhodes scholar? It doesn't appear so.