Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags been in the NFL 23 years and have only three (or four)...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We've only had 3 players go for double digit sacks.

Brackens - 12 and 11

Hardy - 10.5

McCray - 10

Maybe on day 2 we could see another FSU player drafted. Walker is probably more of a bottom 2nd or early 3rd round talent but he's intriguing.

But since 1995, we've only had 3 players to have 10 sacks or more in a season. That's mind numbing.

Yannick almost had 10 and maybe he explodes with 14. Maybe Fowler can get close. But it sure would be nice to have a guy that can put the QB on his behind about once per game. Like Brackens used to do. He used to wreck games.
Please edit title. Meant to put 3. Typo
Jordan Willis Kansas State is available
Man your threads are about as good as Bortles spirals.
I would think we're going Robinson or Lamp to help the O-Line in the 2nd round then maybe pass rushing DE in the 3rd.
Quote:Man your threads are about as good as Bortles spirals.

At least Bortles throws a TD every now and then, now this guy...
Quote:I would think we're going Robinson or Lamp to help the O-Line in the 2nd round

I agree; especially since both Lamp and Robinson are considered a steal in the 2nd round.  
Quote:Man your threads are about as good as Bortles spirals.
*rimshot*
next....

#SMH

(04-28-2017, 02:06 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]We've only had 3 players go for double digit sacks.

Brackens - 12 and 11

Hardy - 10.5

McCray - 10

Maybe on day 2 we could see another FSU player drafted. Walker is probably more of a bottom 2nd or early 3rd round talent but he's intriguing.

But since 1995, we've only had 3 players to have 10 sacks or more in a season. That's mind numbing.

Yannick almost had 10 and maybe he explodes with 14. Maybe Fowler can get close. But it sure would be nice to have a guy that can put the QB on his behind about once per game. Like Brackens used to do. He used to wreck games.

Actually, it should read four.

Gary Walker had 10 sacks in 1999.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...lkGa00.htm

Sorry for bumping this. I missed all of this stuff when the old board melted down.
(04-28-2017, 02:07 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Please edit title. Meant to put 3. Typo

Edited. Including the info of the post below.
(06-05-2017, 09:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2017, 02:06 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]We've only had 3 players go for double digit sacks.

Brackens - 12 and 11

Hardy - 10.5

McCray - 10

Actually, it should read four.

Gary Walker had 10 sacks in 1999.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...lkGa00.htm

Sorry for bumping this.  I missed all of this stuff when the old board melted down.
Brackens is one of the few best defensive players in Jaguars history, however, there were so many great pass rushing DEs in the 80s that overall T-Brack doesn't even rank among the league's best.
It's actually depressing to have a thread like this.

The fact we have to go back over a decade to find a Jaguars pass rusher to reach double digit sacks speaks volumes.

It's not as if we had a late 80s early 90s array of AFC east LTs (Wolford, Webb, Armstrong) blocking our guys during that span.
Slightly sidetracking but along the same vain. I heard them on Jaguars Today discussing a few days ago that the Jags have NEVER had a corner back tandem that has combined for 10 interceptions. That's depressing.