Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dareus injury?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What’s the news on Marcel Dareus and his pectoral muscle injury?

It could be something minor, but didn’t Poz miss a number of games with something similar a season or so back?

It’s stating the obvious, but our run defense is going to suffer if he’s missing...
(08-26-2018, 08:35 AM)Andy G Wrote: [ -> ]What’s the news on Marcel Dareus and his pectoral muscle injury?

It could be something minor, but didn’t Poz miss a number of games with something similar a season or so back?  

It’s stating the obvious, but our run defense is going to suffer if he’s missing...

Some players miss the season with pectoral tears. 

Hopefully it is nowhere near that bad and there is just an abundance of caution here.
Has it been confirmed as a tear? I just heard a "pec injury"

He was questionable to return last night, so I'm leaning towards it being relatively minor.
(08-26-2018, 08:56 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Has it been confirmed as a tear? I just heard a "pec injury"

He was questionable to return last night, so I'm leaning towards it being relatively minor.

That's what I have heard ("injury" not specifically "tear").

Hopefully it is a mild strain, and as I said, the team is acting with an abundance of caution.
I seem to recall Poz missing something like 6 - 8 games from his pect. tear.

Hopefully Dareus' injury is not as severe.
(08-26-2018, 10:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to recall Poz missing something like 6 - 8 games from his pect. tear.

Hopefully Dareus' injury is not as severe.

Poz also ripped his pec clean off the bone. A "tear" could be anything from soreness for a week or two, all the way to Poz level.

Also, he may not even have a tear. Idk if it's just overshadowed by Lee's knee, but it doesn't seem like a huge concern among the coaches right now
I really hope it's minor. We can't afford to lose our best run stuffer. There's a big dropoff in play from Dareus to Jones.
In case this wasn't known:

Dareus was held out of the vikings game due to this same injury and he aggravated the injury in the falcons game.
Still no word on extent of the injury.
We need dareus and gipson to be ok. Dareus is essential. This is why i say we cant afford to trade or cut any dline player to save money. If one guy gets hirt our depth is gone.

Im holding my breath on these 2 especially after lees injury which im so mad at Im going to just bite my toungue about what I want against that falcon player
Some sideline report speculated it wasn't too bad because he was on the sidelines smiling and laughing. So hopefully that's right.
Yea I feel like we would’ve heard more if it was notably bad
Thats a good sign
(08-26-2018, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]In case this wasn't known:

Dareus was held out of the vikings game due to this same injury and he aggravated the injury in the falcons game.
Still no word on extent of the injury.

I would imagine that's a good sign. Just give him 2 weeks to rest up now
I hope it's nothing serious. I hear he has had a great camp.
edit
(08-26-2018, 11:17 AM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]Some sideline report speculated it wasn't too bad because he was on the sidelines smiling and laughing.  So hopefully that's right.

Hopefully. 

I missed that report.

Any confirmation on this?
Usually a full tear is diagnosed pretty quickly. 

He probably just tweaked it.
Sounds like one of those nagging things that comes and goes. He has 2 weeks to get ready. We'll need him against Barkley.
(08-26-2018, 06:53 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like one of those nagging things that comes and goes. He has 2 weeks to get ready. We'll need him against Barkley.

If he even plays.
(08-26-2018, 07:36 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2018, 06:53 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like one of those nagging things that comes and goes. He has 2 weeks to get ready. We'll need him against Barkley.

If he even plays.

If Barkley doesn't play it is going to be a loooong day for Eli.
Pages: 1 2