Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, one year later.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Harvey made it's last landfall today last year. Irma formed tomorrow. 

Crazy to think about all of that happened just a year ago. So far this year, the Atlantic season has been eerily quiet, let's hope its not the calm before the next storm(s)
No kidding. I'm hoping the traditional rain season we've been having this year is an indicator that the weather pattern is changing. The past 15+ years have been rather dry whereas when I moved to Jacksonville back in 1993, I recall the traditional 3pm thunderstorms on a daily basis and very few hurricanes (if any) impacting NE Florida. Then, ~ 2007 everything started to change.
(08-29-2018, 03:18 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]No kidding.  I'm hoping the traditional rain season we've been having this year is an indicator that the weather pattern is changing.  The past 15+ years have been rather dry whereas when I moved to Jacksonville back in 1993, I recall the traditional 3pm thunderstorms on a daily basis and very few hurricanes (if any) impacting NE Florida.  Then, ~ 2007 everything started to change.

That’s the weather pattern I’m used to as well.  However last year was constant rain from Memorial Day-Labor day.  Seems like a repeat of last year to me.
It's hard to believe that was a year ago! I remember the daily afternoon showers when I lived there. I always looked forward to them until they passed and the steam coming off the streets made the humidity even more oppressive.
(08-29-2018, 04:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard to believe that was a year ago! I remember the daily afternoon showers when I lived there. I always looked forward to them until they passed and the steam coming off the streets made the humidity even more oppressive.

God that's the worst
(08-29-2018, 03:49 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2018, 03:18 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]No kidding.  I'm hoping the traditional rain season we've been having this year is an indicator that the weather pattern is changing.  The past 15+ years have been rather dry whereas when I moved to Jacksonville back in 1993, I recall the traditional 3pm thunderstorms on a daily basis and very few hurricanes (if any) impacting NE Florida.  Then, ~ 2007 everything started to change.

That’s the weather pattern I’m used to as well.  However last year was constant rain from Memorial Day-Labor day.  Seems like a repeat of last year to me.

At the beginning of this summer I kept wishing "Please don't be as wet as last summer." It seems like it's even wetter.
(08-29-2018, 07:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2018, 03:49 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]That’s the weather pattern I’m used to as well.  However last year was constant rain from Memorial Day-Labor day.  Seems like a repeat of last year to me.

At the beginning of this summer I kept wishing "Please don't be as wet as last summer." It seems like it's even wetter.

Giggity?
(08-30-2018, 03:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2018, 07:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]At the beginning of this summer I kept wishing "Please don't be as wet as last summer." It seems like it's even wetter.

Giggity?

That is indeed a giggity