Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Keys to winning against Las Vegas Raiders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Their defense is trash. Trash. Trash. Trash. Seriously. Play-action and bootlegs. Get Bortles on the move. Run the read option if the run game doesn't get going. Do what you need to do to get them to play the run. You have to take shots in this one. Del Rio is gonna bring the house.

D shuts down their run game, jags win easily
Quote:D shuts down their run game, jags win easily

This team isn't beating anyone easily with the way the offense is playing. Struggling with the mighty Bears was not a good sign.
Why did the OP call Oakland the Las Vegas Raiders? That is not funny at all.

Quote:Their defense is trash. Trash. Trash. Trash. Seriously. Play-action and bootlegs. Get Bortles on the move. Run the read option if the run game doesn't get going. Do what you need to do to get them to play the run. You have to take shots in this one. Del Rio is gonna bring the house.

Bears defense was trash too.
Quote:Bears defense was trash too.

So was Soldier Field. We know what cleats to wear this time.
Quote:Why did the OP call Oakland the Las Vegas Raiders? That is not funny at all.

It's only a matter of time.
Quote:So was Soldier Field. We know what cleats to wear this time.

Anymore excuses?
Quote:It's only a matter of time.

LOL The only thing that matters is the Raiders are in Oakland now. And no, it is not only a matter of time.

Of course I want to stay on topic here and just needed to get that out. What are your keys to beating OAKLAND?
Quote:Any more excuses?

No excuses - we needed to play better. But it really does help to play on our own field.
Quote:LOL The only thing that matters is the Raiders are in Oakland now. And no, it is not only a matter of time.

Of course I want to stay on topic here and just needed to get that out. What are your keys to beating OAKLAND?

Actually it is a matter of time. Wasn't a joke. The field is all set for them to move to Vegas.
Quote:Actually it is a matter of time. Wasn't a joke. The field is all set for them to move to Vegas.

I refuse to discuss the subject in this thread but have to say it now: IT IS NOT JUST A MATTER OF TIME because a lot needs to happen first.

If you keep it up I will not post anymore in this thread. I am only going to discuss the Raiders/Jaguars game, not what might happen in a few years.
So what are everyone's keys to beating the OAKLAND Raiders?

Quote:I refuse to discuss the subject in this thread but have to say it now: IT IS NOT JUST A MATTER OF TIME because a lot needs to happen first.

If you keep it up I will not post anymore in this thread. I am only going to discuss the Raiders/Jaguars game, not what might happen in a few years.

Then quit de-railing threads.

Quote:Bears defense was trash too.

True but we were stupid and kept running up the gut for some reason. The thing that opened up the Indy game was when Bortles started using his legs. Then the running game and pass game opened up.

Quote:So what are everyone's keys to beating the OAKLAND Raiders?

Christ. What is wrong with you? You are STILL de-railing threads. You say you're gonna stay on topic and then you post capitalizing "Oakland" to prove some point? How are you not banned for trolling?

Quote:So what are everyone's keys to beating the OAKLAND Raiders?

First calling them their proper name, the LAS VEGAS Raiders.

Secondly score more points than them.
How do we score more points than them?

Quote:How do we score more points than them?

By having our players move the football across the opposing team's goal line on more occasions than they do. Or if that is not feasible than we may attempt kicking the ball between two goal posts for less points, and again hopefully exponentially more than our foes are able to do so.

Naw I'm sayin?
Defense has to pressure Carr. Offense has to execute and help the defense.

One key for the Jaguars that immediately comes to mind is to keep Khalil Mack contained.   Much easier said than done.   Even if the Jaguars have to double team him regularly or at least have a RB or TE help with a chip block,   it probably will be worth it.    What makes Mack a special play is not just his physical ability,  which is elite.   It's also that he has a nonstop motor.    In many ways Mack is an edge rush version of Rams DT Aaron Donald.     Their size isn't anything special.   But they have everything else.  

Pages: 1 2