Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Go vote for Blake Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.nfl.com/voting/clutch-performer/2016/REG/6

For the clutch play of the week, pass to Benn

He has a chance to win, Odell is his biggest comp, but Odell has a lot of haters so maybe they wont vote for him Bortles is the only other bigger name

Thanks for posting. However, Benn was the guy who made that play because he slipped and had the awareness to get up, see nothing between him and the end zone, and stay in bounds.

Quote:Thanks for posting. However, Benn was the guy who made that play because he slipped and had the awareness to get up, see nothing between him and the end zone, and stay in bounds.
Benn didn't throw it to himself. Only people who don't know anything about football think Bortles didn't make a play. 
Honestly, he doesn't deserve to win it. Dude was booty the whole game until the end. I understand it's for "clutch" player but if it wasn't for our defense we would've had no shot at that win.

Quote:Thanks for posting. However, Benn was the guy who made that play because he slipped and had the awareness to get up, see nothing between him and the end zone, and stay in bounds.

Benn isn't in the list though.

Voted.
Quote:Honestly, he doesn't deserve to win it. Dude was booty the whole game until the end. I understand it's for "clutch" player but if it wasn't for our defense we would've had no shot at that win.
Um what its for clutch play of the game, he wasnt bad the whole game, he was bad in the 2nd and 3rd but in the 1st and 4th he was on fire, the INT was not his fault either

Quote:Benn isn't in the list though.

Voted.

That is because they always list the QB.
Quote:Um what its for clutch play of the game, he wasnt bad the whole game, he was bad in the 2nd and 3rd but in the 1st and 4th he was on fire, the INT was not his fault either

On fire? How many points did we score in the first half? Was he on fire when he fumbled? It was a bad game by him. Defense saved us. 
Quote:That is because they always list the QB.

Going 11-14, 130 yards and TD in the clutch isn't deserving? What if A Rob hadn't dropped the TD in the first? There were 4 dropped balls. You give Jags fans a bad rep
That throw was on the money
Quote:Going 11-14, 130 yards and TD in the clutch isn't deserving? What if A Rob hadn't dropped the TD in the first? There were 4 dropped balls. You give Jags fans a bad rep

I never said Bortles is undeserving of some kudos. My only point is you have to give credit to Benn for knowing he was not down by contact on a catch-and-run play.
Quote:That throw was on the money
You said something positive for once and i truly didn't think that was in you. 
Quote:You said something positive for once and i truly didn't think that was in you.

Lol, I looked at the replay, good throw.
Quote:Lol, I looked at the replay, good throw.

I did not need to see replays to know it was a great throw, but they were important at Benn's end because he fell inches away from a Bear.
Quote:I did not need to see replays to know it was a great throw, but they were important at Benn's end because he fell inches away from a Bear.
Some of us were inebriated and could use a replay or two to remind us of the DIME that Borts threw. Relax MJF! 

Quote:I did not need to see replays to know it was a great throw, but they were important at Benn's end because he fell inches away from a Bear.

I wonder if you take a moment to read what you wrote and say, "Is thus a good or bad thing to post?"
Bortles managed a great comeback, it was an encouraging step in his development particularly on the road

You are wrong and I know this because there are three non-quarterbacks on the list to vote for. 
Quote:I wonder if you take a moment to read what you wrote and say, "Is this a good or bad thing to post?"

There is no reason to believe it was a bad post. If other people need replays to see how good Blake's throw was, that is their problem, not mine.

Anyway, it is awesome that our game-winning score was selected as a clutch play candidate.  :yes:

Regardless.. I've voted for the player who plays for the team which I support.
Pages: 1 2