Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Practice Squad signings and transaction news
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...1824843776

Jags announced the 10 man practice squad.
Glad Lazard, Meeks, and Wilds are sticking around.
Good group of practice squad players. Very surprised Lazard and Meeks weren't picked up by another team. I could see both these guys eventually making some team's 53 man roster.
(09-02-2018, 03:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: [ -> ]Good group of practice squad players. Very surprised Lazard and Meeks weren't picked up by another team. I could see both these guys eventually making some team's 53 man roster.
They haven't shown much. Plus you are talking about inactive game day roster spots. Teams would rather keep what they have/know than claim a player and have to keep them on the 53 man roster. It's not like the Jags cut starters, these were all backups that didn't provide anything on special teams to keep them on the 53.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Very happy that we got to keep our guys, Meeks, Reavis and Lazard especially.
What about adams did. Someone pick em up
(09-02-2018, 02:38 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...1824843776

I'd rather have Adams than McDermott, and just about anyone over Lee, but overall I like the practice squad.
(09-02-2018, 06:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2018, 02:38 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...1824843776

I'd rather have Adams than McDermott, and just about anyone over Lee, but overall I like the practice squad.

They drafted Lee and he looked good in final preseason game, im sure they think they can develop him.
(09-02-2018, 06:27 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2018, 06:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather have Adams than McDermott, and just about anyone over Lee, but overall I like the practice squad.

They drafted Lee and he looked good in final preseason game, im sure they think they can develop him.

Of course they do.

Just as some guy chiming in on a message board from the outside looking in, I'm stating my preferences.  Given the quality of our FO, I readily defer to them in case of a difference of opinion.
Lyndon Johnson doesn't have a twitter because he was born in 1908, and only the damn Kennedy's would have tweeted.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/10363...76928?s=19

Pretty much what I was thinking. I don't see McDermott every quite working out in this league, and I'd be shocked if Lee ever does.

The other eight are solid. Delaney and Meeks might one day take right over for Bouye and Ramsey. CJ Reavis is a future star FS in the making. Lazard might be an unreal threat one day at his size should he develop, and Wilds is a future fantasy stud.

The huge shock for me was DeLuca making it over Motuapuaka.
I like wilds. Glad they got him.
I hate Tim Cook isn't on the practice squad
(09-02-2018, 08:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I hate Tim Cook isn't on the practice squad

Meh. He’s just a guy with limited upside.

He's got a cannon for an arm. Why not let him stick around and see if they can make something of him?

To defend the Jaguars' front office, Adams did kind mess up a lot. There was the ankle-high snap and lots of being blown back deep into the pocket to speak of.
(09-02-2018, 11:40 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2018, 06:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather have Adams than McDermott, and just about anyone over Lee, but overall I like the practice squad.

To defend the Jaguars' front office, Adams did kind mess up a lot. There was the ankle-high snap and lots of being blown back deep into the pocket to speak of.
Agreed completely on Adams.

When he failed his physical and stayed away until the last minute before camp, I figured he'd have an even greater uphill climb than normal.  Those plays you mentioned here certainly didn't help.
(09-02-2018, 07:22 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]

Pretty much what I was thinking. I don't see McDermott every quite working out in this league, and I'd be shocked if Lee ever does.

The other eight are solid. Delaney and Meeks might one day take right over for Bouye and Ramsey. CJ Reavis is a future star FS in the making. Lazard might be an unreal threat one day at his size should he develop, and Wilds is a future fantasy stud.

Wat? Brandon Wilds will never be owned by one person in fantasy, CJ Reavis cant even make an NFL roster, but hes a "star in the making"? Meeks and Delany are going to take over for Bouye and Ramsey? So they're gonna stick around at the back end of our roster for the next 8 years and then take over when they're 30? These projections are outlandish and downright poppycock.
(09-02-2018, 07:22 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]

McDermott is the biggest surprise to me, as I was not impressed at all.  Lee knows the offense and performed much better in the last game, giving him an edge over others considered, but I still doubt he has a future in the league beyond emergency QB3 on the PS.  Meeks lacks the quickness to play starting CB in a continual role, but believe he could be a good developmental free safety.  Delaney and Reavis are nothing special in my opinion.  Lazard has the size but needs growth in technique to counter his lack of quickness in order to be effective at the NFL level.  Wilds is an effective RB if needed on the roster today due to injuries.  DeLuca was a highly effective small school LB (Butkus award nominee) with marginal speed, but plays faster than timed 40 with quick diagnose and reaction; he'll be interesting to watch develop.  Lyndon Johnson was OK, but I did not key on him in the games or practices, so my jury is out on him.
Pages: 1 2