Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags at Giants score predictions (merged)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Jags win BIG on the road 42-10. BOOM!!
24-20 Jags
Jags 31 Giants 13

Barkley held to 71 yards rushing and Eli gets sacked 5 times.
24-13
Jags
22-20 Jags
34-10 Jags.
16-14 Jags
30-17 #jagswin #19-0
Anxious to see all the starters playing together again. Not sure if we can just pick up right where we left off and establish dominance but we should win the game. Eli is kind of a statue back there. Hopefully we can shut down the run and take over the game. Control time of possession and just win a snoozer 17-10 they get a garbage time TD and we recover the onside kick with not much time left to secure the win.
17-3 Jags
24-14 Jags
20-10 Jags
21-17 Jags
Giants pass D is weak. I could see Blake putting up a nice stat line in this one if Hackett turns him loose a bit. Will be interesting to see just how much ground and pound the Jags choose to employ on Sunday.
Jags 20, Giants 17
(09-03-2018, 03:09 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Jags win BIG on the road 42-10. BOOM!!

I miss these so much!
(09-03-2018, 07:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Giants pass D is weak.  I could see Blake putting up a nice stat line in this one if Hackett turns him loose a bit. Will be interesting to see just how much ground and pound the Jags choose to employ on Sunday.

I can't see our passing game putting up a big stat line early in the season with so many new faces and no established players.

Our passing game is going to have to develop over the course of the season. I don't see Hackett putting much emphasis on the passing game early on unless we get behind and have to get into catch up mode.

I see ground and pound with a limited simple passing game that includes a few shots down field in order to make sure everyone stays on the same page.

Probably the worst thing we can do open it up with a QB and receivers that aren't quite on the same page yet. We saw some issues with that in the preseason and that can create turnovers even against the worst defenses.
(09-03-2018, 08:40 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2018, 07:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Giants pass D is weak.  I could see Blake putting up a nice stat line in this one if Hackett turns him loose a bit. Will be interesting to see just how much ground and pound the Jags choose to employ on Sunday.

I can't see our passing game putting up a big stat line early in the season with so many new faces and no established players.

Are passing game is going to have to develop over the course of the season. I don't see Hackett putting much emphasis on the passing game early on unless we get behind and have to get into catch up mode.

I see ground and pound with a limited simple passing game that includes a few shots down field in order to make sure everyone stays on the same page.

Probably the worst thing we can do open it up with a QB and receivers that aren't quite on the same page yet. We saw some issues with that in the preseason and that can create turnovers even against the worst defenses.

You're absolutely right.  Coming out slinging would be a gamble. Probably an unwise gamble. I suppose I'm just  anxiously looking for a sign (probably prematurely) that Hackett will greenlight Bortles if mismatch opportunities become apparent - or if our receivers show they can get open deep for a play action strike or two.  

It would go a long way toward unstacking the box for the run game and I feel the offense would benefit from a bit more focus on these things in comparison to several of last season's game plans.
Jags 17 Giants 14

We're humbled a little bit with a close victory and the Giants are better than most think.
(09-03-2018, 08:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2018, 08:40 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see our passing game putting up a big stat line early in the season with so many new faces and no established players.

Are passing game is going to have to develop over the course of the season. I don't see Hackett putting much emphasis on the passing game early on unless we get behind and have to get into catch up mode.

You're absolutely right.  Coming out slinging would be a gamble. Probably an unwise gamble. I suppose I'm just  anxiously looking for a sign (probably prematurely) that Hackett will greenlight Bortles if mismatch opportunities become apparent - or if our receivers show they can get open deep for a play action strike or two.  

It would go a long way toward unstacking the box for the run game and I feel the offense would benefit from a bit more focus on these things in comparison to several of last season's game plans.

I'm sure they will take some shots over the top. They brought in players in the draft and free agency just to do just that.

Typically those types of plays aren't very complicated and don't require precise timing. If the receiver beats the defender, throw it to a spot where the receiver can run underneath the ball. If the receiver can't beat the defender deep, dump it off to the RB or even overthrow it deep and take an incompletion just to let the defense know they will have to account for that play.
Pages: 1 2 3 4