Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What Giant fans are saying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They seem pretty confident that we won’t be able to throw on them and that they’ll run all over us. Interesting.

http://giantsfans.net/message_board/inde...niiumjr8a3
Meh, its week 1. Everyone expects to 16-0 right now
I applaud their optimism and question their trust in that O-Line.

I think Eli will be made uncomfortable quickly. Errors will ensue.
What's the status on dareus? If hes really fully healthy I dont. Think its an issue
(09-04-2018, 05:19 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]They seem pretty confident that we won’t be able to throw on them and that they’ll run all over us. Interesting.

As 904nette says....."Bring it"
(09-04-2018, 06:02 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]What's the status on dareus? If hes really fully healthy I dont. Think its an issue

yeah... if Dareus is healthy, the middle is shut down. We are too fast for them to get much on the outside.
(09-04-2018, 05:19 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]They seem pretty confident that we won’t be able to throw on them and that they’ll run all over us. Interesting.

That's their one chance to win.

If Barkley can't get going, Manning will get hit often.

What I find interesting is that they are basing our inability to pass in part on the losses of AR15 and Hurns, even though Robinson was lost early in week 1 last year, and Hurns was hurt for much of the year.

They also think us vulnerable against the run based upon last year, not factoring in the run defense got better when Dareus was acquired.
(09-04-2018, 08:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

That's their one chance to win.

If Barkley can't get going, Manning will get hit often.

What I find interesting is that they are basing our inability to pass in part on the losses of AR15 and Hurns, even though Robinson was lost early in week 1 last year, and Hurns was hurt for much of the year.

They also think us vulnerable against the run based upon last year, not factoring in the run defense got better when Dareus was acquired.

Seems to be common among people who don't follow Jax
35 players out of the 53 in their roster weren't with the team last year. With a new coaching staff to boot. Talk of turnover ratio. And they are still actively scouring the waiver scrap heap as we speak, having picked up 6+ players since Saturday. Reminds me of the Murlakey/Gus eras.

First live game together, understanding each other's tendencies, developing an identity, when you have a confident, unified, ferocious Jags squad on the other side? It could get ugly. Good they have home field advantage.
(09-04-2018, 11:58 PM)BritJag Wrote: [ -> ]35 players out of the 53 in their roster weren't with the team last year.  With a new coaching staff to boot.  Talk of turnover ratio.  And they are still actively scouring the waiver scrap heap as we speak, having picked up 6+ players since Saturday.  Reminds me of the Murlakey/Gus eras.  

First live game together, understanding each other's tendencies, developing an identity, when you have a confident, unified, ferocious Jags squad on the other side?  It could get ugly.  Good they have home field advantage.

Yeah but they held on to their stars. We let everyone worth a hoot walk, and even the few 'good' players that lasted(Lewis) were not game breaking good like OBJ can be. It will be a challenge for the defense to limit their offense. If we can stop the run I don't see them winning, thats how 90% of our games will go outside of the elite QBs in the league. I dont consider Eli an elite QB, so if we can limit Barkley, I think the game gets ugly quick for the Giants offense.
They seem confident they will be scoring over 20 points. Apparently they don't know who Sefarian-Jenkins is and we have no one to throw to. Our run game is tough but they think they basically have the best run defense in the league. That's about what I gather.
(09-05-2018, 12:32 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but they held on to their stars. We let everyone worth a hoot walk, and even the few 'good' players that lasted(Lewis) were not game breaking good like OBJ can be. It will be a challenge for the defense to limit their offense. If we can stop the run I don't see them winning, thats how 90% of our games will go outside of the elite QBs in the league. I dont consider Eli an elite QB, so if we can limit Barkley, I think the game gets ugly quick for the Giants offense.

Indeed mate.  The ground game requires precision, with all moving parts in sync, which is what I implied that being so early in the season with their revamped Oline and all the new faces, they may still be finding their footing; to the Jags' advantage.  They have pieces in place to potentially be a dynamic offense (notwithstanding the aging QB), but on week 1, I like the Jags D's chances.  Plus they still have Flowers the 99th best right tackle in the league.
I think Yannick puts the league on notice against that O-Line which will kickstart his DPOY campaign.
(09-05-2018, 01:47 AM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]I think Yannick puts the league on notice against that O-Line which will kickstart his DPOY campaign.

I see a repeat of last years opener. 10+ sacks across the line.
Yeah they seem to be basing a lot of their opinions on outdated information because they haven't seen us play in the latter part of the year.

We can't throw... erm in the four week stretch from wk 13 last year, Indy, Seattle, Houston and even SF found out we can!

Our Run D sucks... erm tell that to Le'Veon Bell who had 114 yards and 1 TD across 2 games.

They have Beckham, no way can we deal with that passing game... erm number 1 defense against the pass in 2017, how did AJ Green or DeAndre Hopkins fair?

I think they might be in for a little shock when Sunday comes.
(09-05-2018, 02:00 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2018, 01:47 AM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]I think Yannick puts the league on notice against that O-Line which will kickstart his DPOY campaign.

I see a repeat of last years opener. 10+ sacks across the line.
(Emphasis added)

I don't, for a few reasons:

1.  Unless Solder has declined appreciably from the end of last year, and unless Hernandez is a complete bust at G, there is no way the Giants' OL is  as bad as the Texans' OL-without holdout LT Duane Brown-was last year.

2.  The Texans played relatively inexperienced Tom Savage in the first half last year, and completely inexperienced DeShaun Watson in the second half.  The Giants will have Eli Manning under C.  An experienced QB like Manning would typically make faster decisions than inexperienced ones.  Manning has seen every front, coverage, and adjustment there is to see.  Savage and Watson probably haven't.  Furthermore, younger QBs are typically more mobile, and will try to move around more, holding onto the ball longer to try to make a play.  Manning would primarily function within the pocket, and would be more apt to throw the ball away.

3.  Fowler is not going to be available for this game.  I think this will limit the Jaguars' DL rotation.  The team will be less likely to be able to put a speed rusher over Ereck Flowers to exploit him, and the Giants will be able to adjust the blocking to his side to counter.  On top of that, it likely means Ngakoue and Campbell get more snaps.  While this may mean they get more sacks, it may also mean they are less effective later in the game.

4.  Omameh is familiar with the Jaguars' DL having faced them every day in practice.  He may be able to provide pointers to the Giants' interior three regarding how to block our guys.  But of course, that works both ways.  Our guys know how to attack him.

With all that said, I do think pressuring Manning is a distinct possibility-and a necessity if the Jaguars are going to win.
I think we win this game.

They have great passing options, but a banged up rookie running back. As others have stated, their offensive line is a weak point. I don’t see how any one dimensional offense can put up significant points on our defense.

In addition to some of the roster turnover stats, this will also be the Giants first game in a 3-4 defense. These transitions are usually messy and can take years to iron out.
Let's see what they're saying after meeting Mr Ngakoue & Co. tearing into Peyton's little brother.  Ninja Ninja
.....or Jalen getting in the head of OBj. Tongue
Not to mention 904nette with the speedball Grant on the field together. 
this is going to be a very interesting first game.
Can someone explain why NYG fans think their run defense is so good? They were 27th in the league last year and lost JPP.

Am I missing something? Are those numbers skewed like the Jags?
(09-05-2018, 10:44 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone explain why NYG fans think their run defense is so good? They were 27th in the league last year and lost JPP.

Am I missing something? Are those numbers skewed like the Jags?

Because the season hasn't started yet and they're still convinced they're going 16-0.
Pages: 1 2