Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Scheduling Bias the Jags Face not Fair
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every single stinking year it's something different. At this point none of us should be surprised but Roger Goodell's scheduling bias this year is just an all time low and slap in the face. 

Consider the following:

Sunday, with an AFC Conference Championship rematch in week two looming in Jacksonville with the Patriots, the Jags are forced to go to NYC to tussle with the upstart Giants led by two time winning super bowl champion and 2018 MVP candidate Eli Manning while drum roll.....you guessed it, the Patriots get to hang out at home once again and essentially have a bye vs. the hapless Texans. After the game, the Jags must fight an antiquated subway system, traffic and pollution and then travel back to Jacksonville while New England can begin game planning by the middle of the second quarter of their game.  In good faith, Goodell should mandate that Bill Belichick not be allowed to begin game planning until 9:00 p.m. on Sunday night. This is the only right and fair thing to do to truly level the playing field for the week two highly anticipated match up. It's simple mathematics and it's just not that hard...their should be a rule in place where teams who play on the road cannot play a team the following week who played at home. It's only fair.  Apparently Washington and Jefferson College in Pennsylvania where Goodell earned an economics degree must have not had scheduling 101 as prerequisite back in the early 80's! The University of Phoenix before the University of Phoenix.....

But it doesn't stop there. Did anyone else notice the Jags don't have a west coast opponent anywhere on their schedule this year??? When it looks like a rat, and smells like a rat.....

Goodell is clearly trying to limit our exposure on the west coast as everyone knows that nobody west of the Spring Mountains watches any football before 1:30 in the afternoon. Is it true that Seattle, Oakland, LA, LA, Arizona, all refused to play us? Isn't Goodell's job as the commissioner to provide fair and equitable scheduling for everyone? We don't play any of these teams in Jacksonville, and our young team is denied a trip to the west coast, which would have been a lot of fun for our guys.  Now, if we get stuck in a playoff game on the road vs. a west coast opponent, we will not have adequate preparation  for potentially playing a game at 10:00 west coast time in the morning and even worse, if we must play one of these teams at home, we would not have had adequate preparation in playing against a team that is traveling three time zones. To summarize, Goodall's schedule has denied us exposure, camaraderie and the opportunity to adequately be prepared for a west coast opponent come playoff time.

I could go on and on and on with other examples of the so very clear scheduling bias the Jags face on an annual basis, but we will just have to once again overcome. With the toughest division in football being the AFC South and having to play each of these teams twice already, "playing anyone, anywhere, any place" takes on a whole new meaning.
MY IQ dropped 20 points reading this.
Thank the stars we have Omaha back to spread the good word!
Belichick needs the extra game planning time because Tom Brady is old and prone to nodding off in front of the whiteboard.

In all reality, Houston is technically in the AFC South(west) conference. While not west coast, it is on the other side of the Mississippi and satisfies the requirement of the competing against a western team.
New year. Different teams. We have to win consistently. We've been flukes before. 2005 & 2007 are perfect examples. If they repeat 2017 in 2018 or top that you will see allllllllllll the prime time games and favorable match ups on a weekly basis.
My thoughts on any bias is even though it is brutal for the fans in the stands, why are we not playing NE at 1:00 when we have advantage of the heat and humidity on our side?
Welcome back Omaha, I've been waiting for this tradition. Although I have to say it was funnier when we really sucked.

My question for you is how much further could this team go if Gus was still here?
When did Omaha get back?
I love this post. One thing though, the week 2 afc championship rematch shoulda been week 1. Would have been great to open with that one
Keep fighting the good fight, Omaha.
This is satire, right?
(09-05-2018, 07:44 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]My thoughts on any bias is even though it is brutal for the fans in the stands, why are we not playing NE at 1:00 when we have advantage of the heat and humidity on our side?

Besides the lack of Prime time Games. This was a something i thought stood out. let the pats get thier normal late start at 4:00 where we are normally at 1:00 is some bias there. This game should be a monday or sunday night game in reality.
you are upset there arent more west coast games?

west coast games are considered unfavorable... you know, because you have to go across the country just to get there... lol

weird post
(09-06-2018, 12:49 PM)VondyP Wrote: [ -> ]you are upset there arent more west coast games?

west coast games are considered unfavorable... you know, because you have to go across the country just to get there... lol

weird post

Whoosh...
(09-05-2018, 07:44 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]My thoughts on any bias is even though it is brutal for the fans in the stands, why are we not playing NE at 1:00 when we have advantage of the heat and humidity on our side?

It still sucks at 4pm games. The bowl has been cooking all afternoon, the humidity has had a chance to settle in and it's still miserable as hell. Yeah, 1pm are brutal but 4pm games aren't so easy either. 

As for bias, we're the redheaded stepchild of the NFL. I expect nothing less when it comes to us getting screwed over. I don't like it but it is what it is.
(09-05-2018, 04:51 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]After the game, the Jags must fight an antiquated subway system, traffic and pollution and then travel back to Jacksonville

John Rocker, former baseball player provided his insight about NYC and the subway system ....

From a story published in the December 27, 1999, issue of Sports Illustrated, Rocker made a number of allegations stemming from his experiences in New York City and answering a question about whether he would ever play for the New York Yankees or the New York Mets.

Quote:"I'd retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-wracking city. Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking EnglishAsians and Koreansand Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?"
During the interview, he also spoke of his opinion of the New York Mets and their fans:
Quote:"Nowhere else in the country do people spit at you, throw bottles at you, throw quarters at you, throw batteries at you and say, "Hey, I did your mother last night—she's a whore." I talked about what degenerates they were and they proved me right."

This.....and in years past when the schedule came out, hoping to get Indy at home early in this season to take advantage of the weather only to routinely be disappointed.
Some people don't seem to get it. The Patriots game is 4:25 - i.e., a national game.

Now the "we don't get no respect" crowd is saying that by getting a national game instead of 1:00 we're being disadvantaged?

Those poor schedule makers just can't win.
Where's the tin foil hat?