Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars are what advertised
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A superbowl caliber defense mixed with a bipolar QB. They can't put games on Blake's shoulders or we lose. The defense bailed out the lackluster offense in the second half.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
To be fair to BB, the giants brought alot of pressure. And the Oline struggled
Both defenses played very well in the second half. Combined with the weather, about what should have been expected
(09-09-2018, 04:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]A superbowl caliber defense mixed with a bipolar QB. They can't put games on Blake's shoulders or we lose. The defense bailed out the lackluster offense in the second half.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Spot on.
I wonder how much the rain affected our gameplan. Shouldn’t really but if you are on the fence with Bortles on the best of days, then a wet slippery ball might have been a factor
Our receivers were struggling to get open as well...
This team needs DJ Chark to grow up sooner rather than later. Cole showed that he should be a starter with his play at the end of last year and a strong showing today. Dede has been making a few plays to state his case but needs to clean up the plays like the drop on the first drive; regardless they should both be starting over Moncrief and I think Chark should be rotated in more, he already offers more than Moncrief IMHO. Also I get Fournette was ruled out, but where was Corey Grant? Yeldon did fine in his stead and those 2 plays by the goalline to get us 7 was key to the victory, but we could've really used his speed to threaten the edge out there.
Yaaa those deep fades to Moncrief are not good, Janoris Jenkins is not a big corner and he got more elevation
(09-09-2018, 04:48 PM)MightyRx Wrote: [ -> ]Our receivers were struggling to get open as well...

I know he didn't play last season, but honestly was missing Arob. He would of made a good effort on a lot of those passes to Moncrief, probably catches most. Moncrief is in no way this teams Arob. My expectation is when he was signed was to be Arobs replacement. As posted above... Chark needs to grow up fasttttt.
Can't understand why Corey Grant doesn't get more carries. Yeldon is not a 3 down back when Fournette's out. Nice receiver out of the backfield but he's not quick enough to make something out of nothing between the tackles. Oline got beat all day when we tried to run the ball. 137 yards rushing including 41 by Bortles on keeper so 96 by RBs. Not good enough if we're going to be a run first team.
That pass to Moncrief in the 4th that was well covered and blocked by Apple, reminded me of how much we miss ARob. He would’ve made that catch no problem
I'm sure the coaching staff will be making adjustments, as well. Rough first game, but it will smooth out.
We won a tough road game in a hostile stadium. I’ll take it.

That said, it’s obvious that performance won’t cut it against the Pats next week
O-line did not cut it today. 3 blatant drops by the receivers in the first half. Sure Blake under threw on the pick on what was a great defensive play but by all means keep up the hate. Bottom line is we won after rolling into East Rutherford against a media darling. I'll take it.
How about Westbrook and Cole. They looked good. Moncrief has 1 catch for 14 yards. He wasn’t getting any separation.

Campbell picked up where he left off and so did Jack. Ramsey I thought had a rough game.

Also Barkley put up 100 yards and so did Odell.
If our passing game is going to be based around 50/50 balls, why not sign Dez Bryant?
(09-09-2018, 05:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]If our passing game is going to be based around 50/50 balls, why not sign Dez Bryant?

Or Megatron
(09-09-2018, 05:56 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2018, 05:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]If our passing game is going to be based around 50/50 balls, why not sign Dez Bryant?

Or Megatron

Lol, they still have a passing game plan like AR15 is still out there running routes.

BEcause Dez only catches 10% of those these days.
People concerned about a win on the road after not playing well. What a time
Pages: 1 2