Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: DJ Hayden stepped up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been saying all offseason that I like the addition of him, in my eyes he already offers what Colvin did, plus special teams value.

He made the play at the end of the game to stop the Giants O! And he recovered the muffed punt. Didn't hear his name called at all in pass coverage, the Giants receivers did great when we threw zone. But Ramsey, Bouye & Hayden held it down man to man. He's going to be a fantastic nickle this year and also brings an ability to blitz we lacked last year. Quickly becoming one of my favorite players!
(09-09-2018, 04:45 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]I've been saying all offseason that I like the addition of him, in my eyes he already offers what Colvin did, plus special teams value.

He made the play at the end of the game to stop the Giants O! And he recovered the muffed punt. Didn't hear his name called at all in pass coverage, the Giants receivers did great when we threw zone. But Ramsey, Bouye & Hayden held it down man to man. He's going to be a fantastic nickle this year and also brings an ability to blitz we lacked last year. Quickly becoming one of my favorite players!

wash’s lack of aggressive play calling is the weakest link. He doesn’t deserve to coach this caliber of a unit.

(09-09-2018, 06:32 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2018, 04:45 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]I've been saying all offseason that I like the addition of him, in my eyes he already offers what Colvin did, plus special teams value.

wash’s lack of aggressive play calling is the weakest link. He doesn’t deserve to coach this caliber of a unit. Think of what Jim Schwartz or Gregg Williams could do with these guys.
He made a game saving play. Whatever we paid him in the offseason, it was worth every penny bc if he don’t make that play, then the receiver would have walked in for the touchdown.

What a great play to seal the game.
I just hope "making the game saving play" doesn't mean running into the WR before the ball gets there again. Cause that veeeeerry easily could have been a game losing play. I also felt like his area of zone was where most of the completions came in the first half. He made a lot of tackles shortly after the catch I think they definitely felt that was the soft spot of our defense.
(09-09-2018, 07:41 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]I just hope "making the game saving play" doesn't mean running into the WR before the ball gets there again. Cause that veeeeerry easily could have been a game losing play. I also felt like his area of zone was where most of the completions came in the first half. He made a lot of tackles shortly after the catch I think they definitely felt that was the soft spot of our defense.

Was it called?  No.

He played a good game.  I know it would pain you too much to admit it.
It looked like he was just chasing the receiver and Manning had to step to avoid the rush and force a quick throw that happened to be short and hit Hayden's arm. Donald Payne recovered the muffed punt to finally put it away. I'm not trying to bash Hayden in any way but postal accuracy was required.
He played a good game, let's keep it up DJ!
(09-10-2018, 06:03 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]I’ll just leave this here:

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...39105?s=21

Now, now, you know we only listen to PFF when it confirms our preconceived notions.
(09-10-2018, 06:27 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2018, 06:03 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]I’ll just leave this here:

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...39105?s=21

Now, now, you know we only listen to PFF when it confirms our preconceived notions.

Yeah...but that one play COULD have been a penalty.
Hayden played great and I liked the addition of him
I'm very happy to be wrong on him so far. Also,, hello all
Boy that Hayden hate is strong lol. He made a great play that contributed directly to the win. Money well spent
We may get an apples to apples comparison of Hayden vs Colvin this week. Colvin matched up with Gronk a couple times in week 1 and got mossed (as expected). Let’s see if Hayden fares better.