Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Riddle me this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Post your favorite riddles & jokes.

Some of you may have heard this one already...but I like it, so here it is.

The night before the big meeting, three men on a business trip check into the local hotel.  One of the men ask the clerk if they had three vacancies for the evening.  The clerk responded "I'm sorry sir, but we're down to only one room available, but there are two double beds and we can bring in a roll away."  Being as it was already late, the three businessmen agreed to share the room.  The cost was $30 per night.  Each man gave the clerk a $10 bill.  The clerk gave the men each a key to the room and told them that the bellhop would bring up their luggage shortly.

Shortly after, the clerk realized that the total should have only been $25, so he sent the bellhop up to the businessmen's room with their luggage and $5 to rectify the total.

When the bellhop arrived with the luggage and $5 refund, he realized that he couldn't split the $5 evenly between the businessmen, so he gave each $1 and kept $2 for himself as a tip.

So each man paid $10 and got a $1 refund or effectively $9 each for the night.

$9 x 3 = $27, the bellhop kept $2 = $29

Where's the other dollar?

There is no missing dollar. The men spent $27. Of which $25 went on the room and $2 went to the light fingered bell boy. You can not add the $2 the bellboy has to the $27 the men spent as this $2 actually comes out of the $27 the men spent, the other $25 going on the room.

Wrong DF...You are STOOPID

Umm this is not a joke. This is a word puzzle.

Wrong H8...it's a riddle.  YOU ARE STOOPID 2

Is the answer: cheese?

Darlo is the closest so far.

$9 for a hotel room???  Did they survive?

I think they survived, but I also think they kicked the living [BAD WORD REMOVED] out of the bellhop when they found out he stole $2 from them.

Still, 9x3 = 27+2 = 29

cuz I no math

Quote:Still, 9x3 = 27+2 = 29

cuz I no math

Well, you got that part right.
This is why you should always use a credit card when checking into a hotel.

Unless it's by the hour, then use cash.
homebiscuit was the first to answer correctly (although he left out cheese), I think he knew that already.

Now, who's got jokes & riddles?

Quote:Post your favorite riddles & jokes.

Some of you may have heard this one already...but I like it, so here it is.

The night before the big meeting, three men on a business trip check into the local hotel.  One of the men ask the clerk if they had three vacancies for the evening.  The clerk responded "I'm sorry sir, but we're down to only one room available, but there are two double beds and we can bring in a roll away."  Being as it was already late, the three businessmen agreed to share the room.  The cost was $30 per night.  Each man gave the clerk a $10 bill.  The clerk gave the men each a key to the room and told them that the bellhop would bring up their luggage shortly.

Shortly after, the clerk realized that the total should have only been $25, so he sent the bellhop up to the businessmen's room with their luggage and $5 to rectify the total.

When the bellhop arrived with the luggage and $5 refund, he realized that he couldn't split the $5 evenly between the businessmen, so he gave each $1 and kept $2 for himself as a tip.

So each man paid $10 and got a $1 refund or effectively $9 each for the night.

$9 x 3 = $27, the bellhop kept $2 = $29

Where's the other dollar?

There is no missing dollar.  The $2 tip was split between the three men.  
You guys are really dum.

9 X 3 = 27 + 2 = 29

Despite how the $2 tip is divided.

How many piano tuners are there in Chicago?
3?

Rap music.. That's a joke and a riddle all rolled into one.
The guy who invented it, doesn't want it. The guy who carries it, doesn't need it and the guy who needs it doesn't know it yet.

What am I.
Quote:The guy who invented it, doesn't want it. The guy who carries it, doesn't need it and the guy who needs it doesn't know it yet.

What am I.

A casket
Pages: 1 2 3 4