Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where was Corey Grant?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has this team learned nothing from last seasons pats loss? Fournette goes down and you dont use him. I thought the playcalling was horrible once Fournette left the game. Grant is a playmaker and needs to be on the field.
It's just inexcusable. There's no "saving" players in the NFL, I don't want to hear that nonsense. This team is in dire need of a make you miss guy on offense. Mickens is the best at it and Grant is second. When the offense is run first, RPO, rollouts, and screen heavy ... USE THE PLAYMAKERS! As an example watching the Bears last night those formations that used Cohen and Howard would be perfect. Second half the Giants absolutely locked up everything. There was a play where we ran a double screen on 3rd and medium and they had both covered. It's predictable and the league now has a full year of tape on it. The scheme likely won't change, but atleast have our playmakers out there. Grant needs atleast 10+ touches a game. It makes no sense not to.
I know this is a popular opinion for some reason, but I just don't get what people think we are missing so bad with him. He is a third down back at best that has some pass catching ability with slightly above average speed. Are you wanting him to come in so we can throw check down routes to him all game? Surely you don't think he is a better 1st and 2nd down runner than Yeldon?

I am interested specifically in what plays we should call with him since he is such a "play maker"
He was chillaxing while they you know,..wait for it.... WON THE GAME.
I think we are looking for some play calling that uses his change of pace and is creative. This staff is stubborn and it will cost us some games maybe starting next week.

Edit:
That said we held on for a win. There are signs that the team could get rolling but we see the following:

1. drops by Wide Receivers killing momentum

2. Oline Discipline Penalties

3. Defensive Penalties extending drives
People forget Cory Grant rushed for 100+ yards the one game he started back in ‘16. Not saying he needs 20+ carries a game but the man can run the rock and be more than a gadget player
Probably thinking ahead. I was wondering why they weren't using the two back formations like they did during the pre-season. I honestly believe they're thinking ahead. You very well may see more of Grant and dual back attacks along with Chark against the Patriots this week.

(09-10-2018, 08:39 AM)SodaCityJag14 Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is a popular opinion for some reason, but I just don't get what people think we are missing so bad with him. He is a third down back at best that  has some pass catching ability with slightly above average speed. Are you wanting him to come in so we can throw check down routes to him all game? Surely you don't think he is a better 1st and 2nd down runner than Yeldon?

I am interested specifically in what plays we should call with him since he is such a "play maker"

I think it's his open field ability that people love. Including myself. I think if you look at how the Chiefs use Hill, how Sproles has been used throughout his career and maybe that Cohen kid now up in Chicago with Nagy using him all over the place. I just think a lot of us want that same type of option out of Grant. Which is possible.
God. You guys act like we lost. WE ARE ONE AND ZERO. Breathe a little before you have a heart attack.
It was said on the radio that there is a Fournette/Grant package but when Fournette went out they scrapped the package. They have a handful of specially designed plays for Grant. You will see him more I'm sure of it but was it really needed yesterday?
(09-10-2018, 12:02 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]God.  You guys act like we lost.  WE ARE ONE AND ZERO.  Breathe a little before you have a heart attack.

There would be no threads/discussions without something to post about.  Who isn't thrilled with a win?  The team has higher expectations and so do the fans.  We don't want to see a big egg laid when the town is ready to rock next week against the Patriots.
I saw him in the game while at the bar. It was probably his one play to give Yeldon a breather.
its a ploy, hide him, play turrible offense in second half to lull pats to sleep then bam we intoduce wide open offense next week
Saving him for pats!