Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fun stat about Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have seen this posted twice and again it was shown during the live broadcast of the Jaguars@Giants game.

Bortles is 4th all time in ypc for any QB (min 250 rushes)

I would say that one of if not the best play of the game for Bortles yesterday was the 41 yard rush to get us out of  the Giants end zone. 

Hopefully, they start using Bortles legs even more during the season.  He is never going to be a sick back and pick a team apart from the pocket QB.  He is a much better using his legs on bootlegs or just taking off when he see's an opening.  Bortles does not have the best visions as a passer but ironically he has great vision when he decides to tuck it and run.
I think he actually moved into third with that long run.
I would rather see him use his legs like he just did yesterday here and there when we need it. I don't want to see him get dinged up or injured over a secondary skill set. He does seem to be more natural throwing on the run though. I am all for the play action game and bootlegs. But it's hard to pull those off when your best back on the roster goes out early.
(09-10-2018, 02:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather see him use his legs like he just did yesterday here and there when we need it. I don't want to see him get dinged up or injured over a secondary skill set. He does seem to be more natural throwing on the run though. I am all for the play action game and bootlegs. But it's hard to pull those off when your best back on the roster goes out early.

Meh, I'd like to see him run maybe four or five times a game.  I saw several times where I wished he would have kept the ball.  I don't want him to overdo it, but I'd like to see a few more.
(09-10-2018, 06:31 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/ColeFartley/status/1...32128?s=19

LOL, I don't know why that was so funny but I just spit sprite on my key board. Thanks for that blkranger.
He is deceptively fast and agile, but I hope he doesn't get banged up on one of these runs. Like it or not Blake is all we got.
(09-10-2018, 06:59 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2018, 06:31 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/ColeFartley/status/1...32128?s=19

LOL, I don't know why that was so funny but I just spit sprite on my key board. Thanks for that blkranger.

I love that overlayed shot of ASJ with his hands up celebrating

Amazing. Thank you for that it made my journey to work this morning somewhat pleasant! Smile
he absolutely needs to run more.. 4 or 5 times a game at least, it is his greatest strength as a QB and we hardly ever use it

Garrard was as successful as he was because of his running and teams having to dedicate a spy to him at times, making coverage weaker against the pass
(09-10-2018, 06:59 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]

I thought it hilarious. Good stuff. Lol
Another fun fact, Blake is the only QB draffted since the 2012 draft to win more than 1 playoff game and the only other QB in that time frame to win one is Mariota.
(09-11-2018, 02:39 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Another fun fact, Blake is the only QB draffted since the 2012 draft to win more than 1 playoff game and the only other QB in that time frame to win one is Mariota.

Why did you have to ruin that fun fact by mentioning the stinking tacks?
(09-11-2018, 04:53 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2018, 02:39 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Another fun fact, Blake is the only QB drafted since the 2012 draft to win more than 1 playoff game.

Why did you have to ruin that fun fact by mentioning the stinking tacks?

Fixed.