Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Working out a TE Jace Amero
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to ian rappaport TE Jace Amero is working out for the JAGS

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1039212295786831872
Game changer...………………………………………………..
I wonder if they're concerned with Niles Paul and/or ASJ. I thought ASJ got hurt after one play. Remember when that defender kind of fell right on his lower back? He acted like he was in pain but got up anyway.
(09-10-2018, 03:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if they're concerned with Niles Paul and/or ASJ. I thought ASJ got hurt after one play. Remember when that defender kind of fell right on his lower back? He acted like he was in pain but got up anyway.

I think Paul has been pretty disappointing.  And I did noticed that ASJ play.
my ? is why you would not give Ben Koyak a call
(09-10-2018, 03:24 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]my ? is why you would not give Ben Koyak a call

That's a fair point. Maybe they feel comfortable with O'Shaughnessy in that third wheel/rotational role. I think it has to be either an injury related concern though or they feel they didn't get enough out of Niles Paul. Which they haven't. The problem with Amaro though is that he hasn't done anything since his rookie season.
I was trying to find the release on koyak, i seem to remeber he was a release with injury i thought they might put him on ir if he cleard waivers. I might be misremebering getting old sucks
Koyack had an injury settlement with the team and was released from IR. Once he regains health, he can pursue other opportunities, after a certain period of time; don't think he can re-sign with the Jags.
(09-10-2018, 03:24 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]my ? is why you would not give Ben Koyak a call
Seems I recall reading he was released with injury settlement. Yup, maybe injury is bad?

"The Jaguars also waived/injured tight end Ben Koyack, a seventh-round selection by the Jaguars in the 2017 NFL Draft who played 30 games over the last two seasons."
Here's the article
Niles Paul almost had a highlight catch yesterday but couldn’t, not a knock on him because it would have been impressive. I really think ASJ looked good yesterday. Jace Armaro is a Evan Engram type TE (though the talent level is vastly different) and I think he’d be worth a look. I believe he’s been struggling with substance abuse issues since he got to the pros..maybe his 3rd or 4th change of scenery will benefit him. I see no problem with kicking the tires on him
Quote: Many Kansas City Chiefs fans took to Twitter to voice their displeasure with the release of Jace Amaro. Amaro had a strong preseason and seemed to be a lock to make the team after missing all of 2017. But he’s been released and could be a nice addition as more of a pure pass-catching tight end on the cheap.
Paul also had a few bad drops through the preseason as well. I think that, combined with the dropped bobble yesterday may have done him in
Amaro would probably be a good pick up.
Nick O’Leary is another guy I wouldn’t mind them looking at.
I liked Amaro coming out of college. Injuries have set him back
Was it just me or was ASJ getting beat down while blocking yesterday? Not saying this guy is a replacement or anything. But if my eyes were true yesterday, I was disappointed in his blocking.
did ASJ gain a ton of weight?? i remember seeing him on the Jets looking tall and rather slender.. when I saw him yesterday I almost didnt even recognize him
(09-11-2018, 08:19 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]did ASJ gain a ton of weight??  i remember seeing him on the Jets looking tall and rather slender.. when I saw him yesterday I almost didnt even recognize him

I thought the same thing. I saw the same guy before and Sunday he looked like a solid square.
ASJ should have a TD in his stats without that stupid penalty from Norwell.
Niles Paul is a special team guy, and O'Shaughnessy is a third wheel.
Amero could be a good fit here.
We should of just kept the giraffe.
Pages: 1 2