Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cam Robinson on PFF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: kWmWCLrd_normal.jpg]
[/url]
PFF JAX Jaguars @PFF_Jaguars
[url=https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars]

#Jaguars offensive tackle Cam Robinson didn’t allow a single pressure versus the #Giants. His pass blocking grade of 81.2 ranked inside the top 10 among OTs for Week 1 #JaguarsvsGiants
14h

Its weird... its like PFF hated Cam Robinson all year last year and we loved him. This week I think we all felt he was terrible and PFF loved him. 

Not sure what to do with this information.
His penalties were horrible. His play I thought was fine(only watched 2nd half though).
Cut out the completely unnecessary penalties and he’s a damn good good LT.
Our line as a whole pass blocked very well. I read we only gave up 1 sack and 2 pressures.

The penalties and drops are what really handicapped our offense.

Those typically are relatively easy fixes.
His play was fine. It was mostly this. Probably Doug on the sideline at some point with him:

[Image: MaturePhonyBumblebee-size_restricted.gif]
That's good to hear, the negativity about Robinson was getting worrying. Penalties are always the most noticable of bad plays, particularly for oline, they hardly ever get their names called out for anything else. Hopefully Robinson can put that behind him and have a great year.
Yeah the critiques from this game were the penalties not the play itself, but our preseason worries should not be assuaged because he faced...I don't even know a single name on that front 7 except for Snacks Harrison who is the polar opposite of a pass rusher and Ogletree who has been a very disappointing ILB. If he had given up no pressures against Olivier Vernon then it would've been a nice pelt on the wall.
Hmmm..maybe the responsibility of his man shifted to Norwell but aside from bone head penalties I could have sworn I saw Cam get beat several times. I think we just thought poorly of Cam because of how bad Norwell played.
The penalties were Dante Fowler like. Very boneheaded. That's what the problem was.
He needs to get his emotions under control. We had some dumb penalties for a lot of yards.. we could have easily lost the game.
(09-11-2018, 04:38 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]He needs to get his emotions under control. We had some dumb penalties for a lot of yards.. we could have easily lost the game.

IDK. The one they showed on TV was so slight. It was almost like he hiccuped.
Where does PFF talk about his 3 false starts and idiotic 15 yard penalty?
His penalty was pretty inexcusable, poor sportsmanship. He's lucky he didn't get suspended. I thought throwing a punch to the head was surely an ejection.
I guess there was great pass protection outside of the dumb penalties. Norwell did not make a great first impression.
(09-11-2018, 09:18 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]His penalty was pretty inexcusable, poor sportsmanship. He's lucky he didn't get suspended. I thought throwing a punch to the head was surely an ejection.

Ya you dont get suspended for that.....ala AJ Green but either way it looked more like a slap than a punch
Penalties are easily coached up. Consistent bad play is a lot harder to fix. I'm not worried about Robinson in the long run.
My impression of the OL play was that they did a decent enough job in pass protection but weren't opening up many holes for the run game. To many penalties though even given that the Giant's fans were really into it. Opening day jitters maybe.
The good thing is James Harrison retired and not on NE anymore. Gives me hope Cam can have 2 good games in a row
(09-11-2018, 04:25 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm..maybe the responsibility of his man shifted to Norwell but aside from bone head penalties I could have sworn I saw Cam get beat several times. I think we just thought poorly of Cam because of how bad Norwell played.

I saw him get beat bad on one play. His man got completely by him and hit BB from behind just as Blake was getting ready to throw. Luckily Blake was in the process already and the pass got off (hitting the back of a lineman low because of the hit by Cam's guy).

As a matter of fact,, I'm pretty sure that same play was when Cam slapped the defender and got a big penalty just after the whistle.

I don't remember any more. Just that and the boneheaded penalty stuff.
(09-11-2018, 04:34 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]The penalties were Dante Fowler like. Very boneheaded. That's what the problem was.

Except Cam Robinson committed them. Get Dante's name outcho mouth.
Pages: 1 2