Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fowler Back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DE Dante Fowler is officially back, and DT Michael Bennett was released to make room on the 53 for his return.  I was somewhat surprised that Bennett, a primary 3 tech backup to Malik Jackson was released.  I thought Smoot was going to be the one to be released.
I don't get why Eli Ankou is still in the roster.
Why is Smoot still here?
Bennett never impressed me. I was kind of surprised he didn't get cut after pre season.

I am so glad to have Fowler back. Our DE rotation is going to be sick.

Poor Brady.
(09-11-2018, 01:00 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]Bennett never impressed me. I was kind of surprised he didn't get cut after pre season.

I thought we missed him on Sunday.
(09-11-2018, 12:26 PM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]DE Dante Fowler is officially back, and DT Michael Bennett was released to make room on the 53 for his return.  I was somewhat surprised that Bennett, a primary 3 tech backup to Malik Jackson was released.  I thought Smoot was going to be the one to be released.

With Darius having the injury, I think they kept him just in case there is a tweak of the injury.
I am so rooting for Fowler.

I think a mature Fowler will be a perennial pro bowler.

He has so many things going for him. He's a physical specimen. He might be the fastest DE in the league.

He also has a great motor. I don't know if I have ever seen a DE with the ability to chase down plays like he can. I've seen him rush the passer then after the pass, chase down the WR that caught the pass. Blows my mind.

He just has to get his head on straight and I hope he can do that before we have to part ways.

As great of a player and as much as we love him, we have to face the fact that Calais is getting long in the tooth. We need to find his replacement sooner than later.

I really don't want to see Fowler get his act together somewhere else. I think he has the potential to be a phenomenal player.
(09-11-2018, 01:01 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2018, 01:00 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]Bennett never impressed me. I was kind of surprised he didn't get cut after pre season.

I thought we missed him on Sunday.
I'm curious to know the total number of pressures the Jags got. I know we didn't get a lot of sacks but it appeared Eli was under pressure all day.
(09-11-2018, 01:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2018, 01:01 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I thought we missed him on Sunday.
I'm curious to know the total number of pressures the Jags got. I know we didn't get a lot of sacks but it appeared Eli was under pressure all day.

Oh, I agree.  I just think with Fowler added we would have gotten to him a few more times.
Excited to see his encore performance against the Pats.
Going to be really interesting watching him and Yan using their speed going up against the behemoth of a human Trent Brown.
(09-11-2018, 02:01 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2018, 01:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I'm curious to know the total number of pressures the Jags got. I know we didn't get a lot of sacks but it appeared Eli was under pressure all day.

Oh, I agree.  I just think with Fowler added we would have gotten to him a few more times.

I think we would have gotten to him a lot if we didnt get held and tackeld on every play. the holding that was going on was incredible.
(09-11-2018, 01:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2018, 01:01 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I thought we missed him on Sunday.

Only thing I could find was he was sacked twice and hit 6 times.
(09-11-2018, 02:16 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2018, 01:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I'm curious to know the total number of pressures the Jags got. I know we didn't get a lot of sacks but it appeared Eli was under pressure all day.

Only thing I could find was he was sacked twice and hit 6 times.
Jags also had 9.5 tackles for loss compared to NYG 2.5.

Yan was so close at least 4 times to a sack.
(09-11-2018, 02:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2018, 02:16 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]Only thing I could find was he was sacked twice and hit 6 times.

McCray was getting to him too. He got a sack and I noticed some pressures. That would be a nice bonus if he can keep that up.
I'm guessing several teams claim Bennett off of waivers.
(09-11-2018, 02:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2018, 02:16 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]Only thing I could find was he was sacked twice and hit 6 times.

Yannick was a problem for them all day long. 

He's going to continue too kill a lot of dudes this season, just like he did last year.

(09-11-2018, 04:51 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2018, 02:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Jags also had 9.5 tackles for loss compared to NYG 2.5.

McCray was getting to him too. He got a sack and I noticed some pressures. That would be a nice bonus if he can keep that up.

It will be interesting to see if McCray stays ahead of Fowler in the rotation, now that he's back. I think he has definitely earned that for now. 

He was there all preseason showing consistent pass rush and again provided some nice rush in week 1. Fowler definitely needs to get snaps, but McCray has earned his playing time imo.
(09-11-2018, 06:34 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing several teams claim Bennett off of waivers.

I think that he was released, not waived.  My guess is that teams might pick him up or sign him to a 1 year deal if they are desperate for help.  My over/under pick on him being signed to a new team is week 4 (over).