Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 2 injury report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If Yeldon/Grant take all the reps for the whole week I'd just sit Fournette until next week. Bring him back in slowly and work it before the Tacks game.
(09-12-2018, 05:20 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]If Yeldon/Grant take all the reps for the whole week I'd just sit Fournette until next week. Bring him back in slowly and work it before the Tacks game.

Are you kidding? Our offense looked atrocious without him this past Sunday. We need him if he can play
(09-12-2018, 06:22 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/johnoehser/status/10...65152?s=21
https://twitter.com/johnoehser/status/10...47618?s=21

So smokescreen,  Fournette plays Sunday.
(09-12-2018, 06:16 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2018, 05:20 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]If Yeldon/Grant take all the reps for the whole week I'd just sit Fournette until next week. Bring him back in slowly and work it before the Tacks game.

Are you kidding? Our offense looked atrocious without him this past Sunday. We need him if he can play

Well that's expected when the guy taking most of the reps all week suddenly goes missing. This is a big game but it isn't do or die. I'm not basing an important players health on what I saw in the second half of the Giants game. If he gets no practice work in preparation for the game and it is still bothering him to the point to where he isn't able to run hard and do Fournette stuff then why risk anything.
Looks like a run the ball kind of game for Sunday. 20 MPH winds, wet, and hot. We really need all 3 RBs healthy for this game!! Hope Fournette is ready to go for this wet/windy Sunday coming up.
(09-12-2018, 10:14 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2018, 06:22 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/johnoehser/status/10...65152?s=21
https://twitter.com/johnoehser/status/10...47618?s=21

So smokescreen,  Fournette plays Sunday.

If they don’t sign another back or bring Wilds up from the practice squad I think that will be a clear indicator that Fournette is a go on Sunday.
(09-12-2018, 06:16 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]

I dont understand why teams test things so early in the week.. Why not let him rest Friday and Saturday, thats 2 more days of healing, then test it Sunday morning?  I mean, if missing practice is not an issue as they said, then give him 2 extra days.

I can already tell you what is likely to happen should he play Sunday... he will last a few plays, then comes limping off and now he is out 3 or 4 weeks.  IMO if this is an actual hamstring issue and not just some tight muscle, he should not play unless there is literally 0 issue, which is damn near impossible again if it is a legit hamstring issue
(09-13-2018, 07:49 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2018, 06:16 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Are you kidding? Our offense looked atrocious without him this past Sunday. We need him if he can play

I dont understand why teams test things so early in the week.. Why not let him rest Friday and Saturday, thats 2 more days of healing, then test it Sunday morning?  I mean, if missing practice is not an issue as they said, then give him 2 extra days.

I can already tell you what is likely to happen should he play Sunday... he will last a few plays, then comes limping off and now he is out 3 or 4 weeks.  IMO if this is an actual hamstring issue and not just some tight muscle, he should not play unless there is literally 0 issue, which is damn near impossible again if it is a legit hamstring issue
Because you're trying to gameplan. Waiting until the last minute for Fournette really hurts the rest of the team because the gameplan with him is completely different than the one without him.
(09-13-2018, 07:49 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2018, 06:16 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Are you kidding? Our offense looked atrocious without him this past Sunday. We need him if he can play

I'm gonna go out on a long limb here and say Marrone saying the trainers are saying it's 'the good part of the leg "means it's not the hammy. Hamstring injuries are ANNOYING trust me I've done it before but I've also" tweaked" it before hopefully like what he did where I was 100 percent ready to play a week later and did without further aggregation... Basically if it's a pulled hamstring there's zero chance he plays this week and I'd say zero chance they'd even be considering it right now. It's gotta be more on that over exerted/tweaked something on the back of his leg level that's not part of the actual hamstring. There's also zero chance he walks off the field to the locker room limpless like he did if it was a pulled hamstring so it's gotta just be a minor thing to another part of back of the leg.
Quote: Did not participate
Patriots: None.

Jaguars: RB Leonard Fournette (hamstring)

Fournette is the only player not to practice for either team and is viewed as a game-day decision. We’ll have more information on his availability tomorrow.

Limited participation
Patriots: RB Rex Burkhead (concussion), TE Jacob Hollister (hamstring), RB Sony Michel (knee), OT Marcus Cannon (calf), SS Nate Ebner (knee)

Jaguars: OC Brandon Linder (knee), TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins (core muscle), OL Jeremy Parnell (knee), LB Telvin Smith (back)

The Patriots need one of their two running backs limited in practice to have a strong day against the Jaguars because they can’t rely on James White to run the ball between the tackles.

Hopefully Hollister and Cannon are able to return, too, with Hollister helping to bolster the weak receiving corps and Cannon solidifying the offensive line against a fierce Jaguars defensive front.

https://www.patspulpit.com/platform/amp/...ssion=true
The pats may be without their starting RT tackle tomorrow.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/9/15/178...nte-fowler
I doubt Lenny plays for a couple months. SANDBAGGING BABY!!!!!!!!
They activated Wilds. Not good for Leonard.
(09-15-2018, 04:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]They activated Wilds. Not good for Leonard.

Makes my decision to start Yeldon easier I suppose. 

I think we can do it without him.

As for the Pats, I don't believe Burkhead will be cleared in time since he hasn't been at this point. Not sure I remember someone clearing the concussion protocol the morning before a game.
Losing that RT could prove to have major consequences for Brady.

I’m sure they’ll add some protection at times, but the Jags pass rush should be able to pressure The QB often tomorrow.
Both Fournette and Yeldon are on the injury report. 

I think they were pretty much cornered into activating Wilds regardless of the plan tomorrow.
I dont think the OL effects the pass blocking alot for New England, they throw such short quick throws that it's tough to get to Brady no matter what. Definitely effects there running game though
(09-15-2018, 04:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Losing that RT could prove to have major consequences for Brady.

I’m sure they’ll add some protection at times, but the Jags pass rush should be able to pressure The QB often tomorrow.

DL should get much more pressure this game. We lost Ngakoue and Campbell early last time. Solder is gone and now a backup RT.

(09-15-2018, 04:58 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Both Fournette and Yeldon are on the injury report. 

I think they were pretty much cornered into activating Wilds regardless of the plan tomorrow.

Yeldon isn't on the injury report. Just one limited day on Friday
Pages: 1 2 3