Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Leonard Fournette questionable for Jags vs. Patriots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Leonard Fournette questionable for Jags vs. Patriots

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...s-patriots

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette's availability for Sunday's game against the New England Patriots could be determined shortly before kickoff.
It wouldn’t bother me if they let him heal up completely because it is a long season and we need to ride that horse as much as possible.

I still think LF can lead the NFL in rushing yards this year.
I have Fournette on my fantasy team, but I'm benching him this week and I believe the Jaguars should too. He has a bad hammy and it's gonna be in the 90's and humid at game time. That's a recipe for leg cramps waiting to happen. I'd rather bench Fournette for this game and let him fully recover, so we have him for the rest of the season. I don't wanna risk damaging that hamstring any further and having him miss significant time in the future.
(09-14-2018, 08:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I have Fournette on my fantasy team, but I'm benching him this week and I believe the Jaguars should too. He has a bad hammy and it's gonna be in the 90's and humid at game time. That's a recipe for leg cramps waiting to happen. I'd rather bench Fournette for this game and let him fully recover, so we have him for the rest of the season. I don't wanna risk damaging that hamstring any further and having him miss significant time in the future.

I am starting yeldoin
Tomorrow will be important if they activate another RB
(09-14-2018, 09:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/NFLTotalAccess/statu...30272?s=19

Well, that’s somewhat surprising, very encouraging.
(09-14-2018, 08:42 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-14-2018, 08:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I have Fournette on my fantasy team, but I'm benching him this week and I believe the Jaguars should too. He has a bad hammy and it's gonna be in the 90's and humid at game time. That's a recipe for leg cramps waiting to happen. I'd rather bench Fournette for this game and let him fully recover, so we have him for the rest of the season. I don't wanna risk damaging that hamstring any further and having him miss significant time in the future.

I am starting yeldoin

I'm starting Melvin Gordon and in place of Fournette, I'm playing Royce Freeman. I'm deep at RB.
Bottles did that without Fournette against 3 bad teams last year.
(09-15-2018, 03:15 AM)JagSwag Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-14-2018, 09:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/NFLTotalAccess/statu...30272?s=19

Well, that’s somewhat surprising, very encouraging.

They played Indy, Cincinnati, and Houston FWIW.
(09-15-2018, 08:09 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2018, 03:15 AM)JagSwag Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that’s somewhat surprising, very encouraging.

Cincy had a top 10 pass defense last year. But yeah, Indy and Houston were trash those games.
(09-15-2018, 08:09 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2018, 03:15 AM)JagSwag Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that’s somewhat surprising, very encouraging.

Sure, but if Bortles was wholly dependent on Fournette wouldn’t he have folded in those games? I’m keeping my glass half full for this stat line.
(09-15-2018, 09:58 AM)JagSwag Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2018, 08:09 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]They played Indy, Cincinnati, and Houston FWIW.

Sure, but if Bortles was wholly dependent on  Fournette wouldn’t he have folded in those games? I’m keeping my glass half full for this stat line.

Right. Sure they may have beem subpar teams, but there's no way someone can see that statline and be upset with Blake, not matter who the opponent was.
(09-15-2018, 09:58 AM)JagSwag Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, but if Bortles was wholly dependent on Fournette wouldn’t he have folded in those games? I’m keeping my glass half full for this stat line.

You're on to something don't worry. There's evidence to support an argument that Fournette is less of a crutch for Bortles and more of a stumbling block.
I guess we’ll see but I feel this game could get out of hand if Fournette doesn’t play
He said he felt his hamstring "pop". Got a feeling he's more than questionable.
(09-15-2018, 11:51 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]He said he felt his hamstring "pop". Got a feeling he's more than questionable.

Brings back Fred Taylor flashbacks circa groin torn from the bone, but was questionable all year. Fragile Fournette incoming! /s
I’d be fine with an offensive game plan that features lots of two back sets with Grant and Yeldon.
Make that defense cover everything and spread the ball around. This pats defense is beatable if you stay after them.
Jaguars are gonna activate Brandon Wilds from the practice squad to replace Fornette for tomarrow's game against the Patriots.
(09-15-2018, 01:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I’d be fine with an offensive game plan that features lots of two back sets with Grant and Yeldon.
Make that defense cover everything and spread the ball around. This pats defense is beatable if you stay after them.

Nothing wrong with Grant and Yeldon in there with a dash of Wilds....who they've never seen before.
Pages: 1 2