Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wilds promoted, Greene cut.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Per DiRocco at ESPN.
Pretty much means Fournette is out.
Yep. Fournette likely out and Yeldon being banged up forced their hand here.

I wonder if someone will scoop up Greene. Seahawks and bucs both lost receivers in week one.
Also said Yeldon tweeked his ankle.
Not ideal. Hopefully Blake has one of his "up" games.
Shucks not Greene
Next man up.....Good Luck Wilds!
The only surprise is that Greene didn't get cut earlier.
Wilds looked to run hard in preseason albeit against mostly scrubs.
(09-15-2018, 06:27 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Wilds looked to run hard in preseason albeit against mostly scrubs.

Yes. I was happy he made the PS.  - I hope he gets a few totes on Sunday.
I look for Wilds to get some significant carries this week. He looked good in the preseason.
(09-15-2018, 06:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I look for Wilds to get some significant carries this week. He looked good in the preseason.
As do I. They have him listed at 6ft 220 lbs. I also agree that he looked quite the load in preseason action. I'm going to call for him to get 100 tomorrow. Two touchdowns!!! ( if Fournette doesn't go)
I'm hoping for this result on Sunday from him:

[Image: 2hlaJ6.gif]
I do not agree that this totally shuts the door on Fournette playing. Marrone said yesterday he was highly confident Fournette plays https://www.jaguars.com/news/friday-fournette-update.  Wilds went wild a couple timies in preseasons so I believe they are just doing their due diligence  just in case Fournette has issues.  The team essentially loses nothing by cutting green.
hopefully they plan like wilds is the starter because yeldon is not a strong runner between the tackles.
May not mean that Fournette is definitely out. If anything this may mean they have a healthy rotation of Fournette, Yeldon, and wilds, with a mix of Grant for screens/passing downs.

One can hope at least
Happy for the former Gamecock! Brandon is a big back and def has some pass catching ability as well. Hoping he can help us if needed
Wilds is so bad. He's like a 50% Trent Richardson ... we need 4nette...
(09-15-2018, 05:24 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: [ -> ]Also said Yeldon tweeked his ankle.

It could be that Yeldon's ankle sprain is so fresh they plan on him missing the game. I'm wondering if Yeldon might be inactive with the RB line-up...

1. Fournette
  2. Corey Grant
  3. Brandon Wilds
I want Grant to play a lot of snaps. He can run, he is a good catcher off the screens. Yeldon is a better blocker.
Pages: 1 2