Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Near Perfect Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That was a near perfect game. 

Keelan Cole should've proved to any doubting Jags fan that he is the best WR on this team and is a star in the making. That one handed catch along the sidelines was one of the best catches I have ever seen and the block he made during the long Westbrook TD was a thing of beauty. 

Blake Bortles was nearly perfect. He was rarely pressured and placed the ball perfectly on almost every throw except the interception, but who cares? If he plays this well from here on out, not only will he be a Pro Bowler, but we will be in the Superbowl as well. This is the Blake Bortles I saw at UCF. 

Corey Grant continues to be the best kept secret in the NFL. He may not score a lot during the season, but he continues to make big plays each and every week. This guy has to be in this team's future plans. There is no one else like him in the NFL. 

I think I collapsed a lung screaming at the t.v. during the Westbrook TD. The cuts he made on that run were amazing. This team has great, young receivers, period!

The O-line played the best game I have seen from a Jags O-Line unit in a long, long time. When Robinson went out, admittedly, I got scared, but the guy I complained about all preseason, Josh Wells, played a fantastic game. The O-line did a great job run blocking and gave Bortles all day to find open receivers. It was beautiful!

Dante Fowler came up with a key strip sack. It looks like he's gonna continue right where he left off. 

The defense as a whole, played very well. They held Tom Brady and Gronk in check and totally shut down the Pats run game. 

The play calling was perfect. Thank God, we finally played aggressively in the 2nd half of a game with the Pats. That was the key. We kept the pressure on the Pats' defense and it paid off in a big way. Hopefully, the team will entrust Bortles with a little more responsibility from here on out, because he looked unbelievable. I hope we don't go back to playing conservatively, once Fournette returns, because today this team looks terrific!
This may have been one of the best Jaguars game I've watched in many,many years.......
best part was two friends were here and both had brady jerseys on. Hah!
(09-16-2018, 07:54 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]This may have been one of the best Jaguars game I've watched in many,many years.......
best part was two friends were here and both had brady jerseys on. Hah!

You need better friends.
my only gripes are Moncrief with the two drops, Cam Robinson getting hurt, and that one Cooke punt
(09-16-2018, 07:58 PM)ColoJag Wrote: [ -> ]my only gripes are Moncrief with the two drops, Cam Robinson getting hurt, and that one Cooke punt

Moncrief is playing his way to the bench. He looks like he should be so much better, but he just isn't. Either way, this game was awesome.
(09-16-2018, 07:58 PM)ColoJag Wrote: [ -> ]my only gripes are Moncrief with the two drops, Cam Robinson getting hurt, and that one Cooke punt

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't it look like Moncrief plays with little effort? At times, he looks very lazy out there. I hated seeing Robinson get hurt, but everyone has to admit, Josh Wells played very good.
My god if Bortles and the offense can play even to like 70% of today's ability consistently, we will win the superbowl

Bortles threw on the money, stepped up in the pocket, scrambled to make plays, THATS WHAT WE NEED

the O-line was absolutely unreal today, everyone was

so happy
(09-16-2018, 08:01 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]

Moncrief is playing his way to the bench. He looks like he should be so much better, but he just isn't. Either way, this game was awesome.

Same feelings on Mongrief. The guy looks like he wants a vacation down here. His effort is lackluster, he takes a lot of plays off and drops more balls than I am comfy with.

Those days of joining the 3 win Jags, playing half-hearted and collecting a check are over. I would not be surprised if he ends up inactive later on in the year as Chark comes along.
(09-16-2018, 07:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]That was a near perfect game. 

Keelan Cole should've proved to any doubting Jags fan that he is the best WR on this team and is a star in the making. That one handed catch along the sidelines was one of the best catches I have ever seen and the block he made during the long Westbrook TD was a thing of beauty. 

Blake Bortles was nearly perfect. He was rarely pressured and placed the ball perfectly on almost every throw except the interception, but who cares? If he plays this well from here on out, not only will he be a Pro Bowler, but we will be in the Superbowl as well. This is the Blake Bortles I saw at UCF. 

Corey Grant continues to be the best kept secret in the NFL. He may not score a lot during the season, but he continues to make big plays each and every week. This guy has to be in this team's future plans. There is no one else like him in the NFL. 

I think I collapsed a lung screaming at the t.v. during the Westbrook TD. The cuts he made on that run were amazing. This team has great, young receivers, period!

The O-line played the best game I have seen from a Jags O-Line unit in a long, long time. When Robinson went out, admittedly, I got scared, but the guy I complained about all preseason, Josh Wells, played a fantastic game. The O-line did a great job run blocking and gave Bortles all day to find open receivers. It was beautiful!

Dante Fowler came up with a key strip sack. It looks like he's gonna continue right where he left off. 

The defense as a whole, played very well. They held Tom Brady and Gronk in check and totally shut down the Pats run game. 

The play calling was perfect. Thank God, we finally played aggressively in the 2nd half of a game with the Pats. That was the key. We kept the pressure on the Pats' defense and it paid off in a big way. Hopefully, the team will entrust Bortles with a little more responsibility from here on out, because he looked unbelievable. I hope we don't go back to playing conservatively, once Fournette returns, because today this team looks terrific!

Like yourself who was questioning Cole because he had 1 catch in the first 2 games of the preseason one of which he played 2 series and the other played 2 quarters
While Bortles was on point on his throws, I really enjoyed him taking command. Saw him telling people where to go and pre snap reads on the defense more then ever.
This is why you don't run on 1st and 2nd down and put the QB in 3rd and 6. Let the QB play QB. He is so much better when he's loose and not hamstrung by conservative play calling.
I loved the Bortles truck stick, but he needs to relax with that. As we saw today, Blake can truly lead the team. Would be a shame if he got hurt on a play like that. Use that spin move instead or slide. Also.... how about Bortles spinning the ball twice after big runs. He wanted this game so bad. I need to find a gif of those ball spins...
(09-16-2018, 07:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]That was a near perfect game. 

Cue Brooklyn...
Also I don't know if Bortles did it on purpose, but I noticed after some his runs he would look at the refs while the refs had their hands stretched as if Blake was going to throw them the ball.... Blake would literally look at them and toss it away from the refs. Loved it lol.
Moncrief looks lazy, there was a play where the ball was on his finger tips and if he would've laid out he woulda had that catch more than likely. some plays he puts in a considerable effort and others he looks like he's loafing.
So glad I went and saw us beat Brady live. If you didn’t go, you missed out. What a game
Great challenge by Marrone. Never thought it would bevoverturned.
Update on Cam?
(09-16-2018, 08:49 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]Great challenge  by Marrone.  Never thought it would bevoverturned.

I knew he was short just from the live view. I would have lost it if they still ruled it a 1st down after the review.
Playing to win vs playing not to lose was the key difference between the AFC championship game and today.
Pages: 1 2