Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Call in the national guard because we just destroyed the patriots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First time we beat Tom Brady.  Jags 2-0 and a very strong win that may have playoff implications later.
we didn't destroy them,we held on to win. A win is a win though.
Um. We led the entire game and won by two scores. If not for freak turnovers they'd have like 10 points.
Any 2 score game in the NFL is a sure win. Most games are decided by 1 score or less. They got a garbage time TD too with a few minutes left in the game. We handled the Patriots, and we whipped them up front all game.
Maybe the AFC playoffs will be here this season.....the crowd was fantastic!
(09-16-2018, 08:21 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe the AFC playoffs will be here this season.....the crowd was fantastic!

Exactly, this game may be week 2 but could be huge come week 16. Last year what kept us in with a shot if the #2 seed was the win in Pittsburgh, if the Chiefs can keep playing ad they have, the top 2 seeds may be tough and if you have to play New England in January, you want them on the road.
(09-16-2018, 08:07 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]we didn't destroy them,we held on to win. A win is a win though.

I have to disagree on that. We controlled the entire game. It was all Jaguars, all the time.
Dam it feels good to be a gangster.

This is what the AFC championship may have looked like if we didnt take our foot of the gas last year.
In a Malik Jackson voice: "I want to know what Doug Pederson thinks about the offensive play calling today." "While we're moving on 2-0 and he's flying back after losing to Tampa Bay."
Man, I was reading all of the post game comments just now on the Patriots message board, and I lost count on the excuses they blamed for this loss. Just like their coach, who couldn’t give credit to the Jags for kicking his team’s butt up and down the field, their fans refuse to acknowledge which team was better in this game.
(09-17-2018, 05:48 AM)Section105Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Man, I was reading all of the post game comments just now on the Patriots message board, and I lost count on the excuses they blamed for this loss. Just like their coach, who couldn’t give credit to the Jags for kicking his team’s butt up and down the field, their fans refuse to acknowledge which team was better in this game.

At least Brady gave us some credit. Said something like "when you have a bad day against a great team on the road, this is what happens"
The respect was when New England let the clock run to end the game.
I bet Tom C. smiled yesterday when that clock went to zero.
(09-16-2018, 08:07 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]we didn't destroy them,we held on to win. A win is a win though.

We killed them in every phase of the game.

The Jags dominated every facet. 

Pats didn’t score a TD until they were given a short field from a fumble by Chark near the end of the third quarter. 

Their offense was stifled up to that point and the Jags never trailed on the scoreboard.
Saw a discussion that the Patriots have only trailed by double digits for more than a quarter 2 times before yesterday. Steelers, Ravens and now Jags out paced them by double digits for the game.
Is that the first time we beat Brady?
(09-18-2018, 08:24 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Is that the first time we beat Brady?

Yes that is correct.  This is our first regular season win against New England.  Burnell beat [EDIT] Zolak not Bledsoe Patriots in Jacksonville back in 1998 playoffs for the only other win.

this hurts to look at https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new...eam?opp=15
(09-18-2018, 08:39 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2018, 08:24 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Is that the first time we beat Brady?

Yes that is correct.  This is our first regular season win against New England.  Burnell beat [EDIT] Zolak not Bledsoe Patriots in Jacksonville back in 1998 playoffs for the only other win.

this hurts to look at https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new...eam?opp=15

Who's Burnell?
Pages: 1 2