Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Corey Grant is on another level and other notes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He has another gear. He came up with some big time plays and kept drives alive. Grant could be a starter on some teams in my opinion. He catches like a WR and has Barry Sanders type acceleration.

He can get to 100 mph in 2 strides. 

He is a great weapon to have. What a game. What a stud muffin to have coming off the bench. Much like Cohen in Chicago.

On a side note. They better figure out how to keep Dante Fowler. He wrecked a couple plays. 

Chark is going to be very good. Just rookie mistakes. He glides when he runs. Westbrook broke the game open. And Cole just took the lead as our best WR. What a catch! It was more technical than OBJs catch and he switched hands after the catch.

Bortles still winds up like Leftwich but his best game as a pro. He was on point. 

That defense could be up there with best ever...
Grants play of the game for me was the one he didn't make, on the Westbrook TD if he blocks that's 100% getting called back for a block in the back and Corey knew it. Smart player with the ball and a smart player without it.
(09-16-2018, 09:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles still winds up like Leftwich but his best game as a pro. He was on point. 

Did you notice where the ball was when Fowler swatted it out of Brady's hand?  

Even the best QB of all time winds up like Leftwich sometimes.
Corey Grant is my favorite player on the team. He's very explosive and has got some good moves which makes him hard to tackle. He needs more playing time. Having said that, he would get beat up as an every down running back. He needs to platoon with another running back. Then again, you can probably say that for every position (except QB and kicker). They all need subs to keep fresh.
Grant is also really, really smart football-wise. Notice how he didn't block in the back on that Westbrook TD

I'd be content with Yeldon and Him with a couple carries for Wilds for the rest of the year
(09-17-2018, 08:41 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Grant is also really, really smart football-wise. Notice how he didn't block in the back on that Westbrook TD

And on the 3rd down to seal the game, he quickly turned up field, dove to get extra yards, and covered the ball with two hands.  The guy is a real find.  He needs to be involved more often.
(09-17-2018, 09:46 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2018, 08:41 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Grant is also really, really smart football-wise. Notice how he didn't block in the back on that Westbrook TD

And on the 3rd down to seal the game, he quickly turned up field, dove to get extra yards, and covered the ball with two hands.  The guy is a real find.  He needs to be involved more often.

Great reminder, bro.

He's a threat every single time he steps on the field. Teams have to identify him. He's a big reason why I think we had big plays in the passing game yesterday because he draws so much attention.
Grant is a great COP back and Hackett is very smart about using him in plays designed to get him the ball in space.
Hopefully the Jags plan is to continue doing this at a similar rate. 8-12 touches per game is a good ratio for Grant to be mixed in.
What we saw yesterday with Yeldon and Grant in the backfield at the same time was what we saw a few times in the preseason. Glad to see it come up again so soon. And I was wondering where it was in the opener last Sunday. Guess they didn't want to reveal it until yesterday's game.

But it'll be fun to see if Hackett and Marrone keep staying aggressive on offense. It'll be fun to see Fournette and Grant out there moving forward. And it'll eventually give us those big plays with Cole and Westbrook like we saw.
Grant is an awful runningback. Every time he takes a hand-off I cringe. But, he needs more touches out of the backfield as a receiver even if it means Fournette losing some snaps. With a smart OC, Grant could be another Sproles.
Grant is great in moderation. He obviously can’t touch the ball 20-25 times a game but we need more wrinkles with him in there. Even when he doesn’t touch the ball he draws attention of a linebacker and opens up a crossing route over the middle. I love me some LF27 but we need to split the backfield up 3 ways
Grant is exactly like White for NE, but Grant is better. Look at the #s, they are mirror images almost. Grant is more explosive though and doesn't need to have Brady to throw him open.