Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Strange Item from Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the game day thread, Jagsfann88 noted "why does brady have hand warmers on to put his hands in when its 100 degrees outside could he have somthing in to put on his fingers to keep the ball from slipping out his hands"

Anyone figure that one out?  I figured maybe he had a rosin bag in there to keep his fingers dry.  Could have been some worry beads.
If having stickem on his hands is against the rules, I wouldn't put it past him and the rest of the cheatriots.
Meh..honestly it’s probably just a habit he has. Sports players, especially baseball players, are wildly superstitious. Plus some guys may have poor circulation around their hands and want to warm them up..and yes your hands can still be cold even in 100+ temps. Also, everyone uses stickem. Even our WR gloves are crazy sticky. Not to take anything from Coles catch but you don’t make that catch bare handed
i thought more on it after listening to BB5 presser, they asked him about the heat and how he was use to it being a FL boy, he said brandon was dripping all over the ball so it made it tough at times lol. brady prolly using rosin bag or somthing keep the sweat off
(09-17-2018, 12:46 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]i thought more on it after listening to BB5 presser, they asked him about the heat and how he was use to it being a FL boy, he said brandon was dripping all over the ball so it made it tough at times lol. brady prolly using rosin bag or somthing keep the sweat off

Probably nothing in the rules against it either.  I guess they are cutting edge.  Wouldn't surprise me that Brady would find a way to improve grip on a humid crazy day.
He saw Yan warming up and threw some holy water and rosary beads in there.
(09-17-2018, 02:04 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]He saw Yan warming up and threw some holy water and rosary beads in there.

Hahaha thanks for the laugh.

Edit:

During a sideline report they said New England put up Thermometers facing the Jaguars sideline and only when Marrone put them up to show the Patriots did they get rid of them.  Belicheck is an evil mind trip guy.
(09-17-2018, 02:11 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2018, 02:04 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]He saw Yan warming up and threw some holy water and rosary beads in there.

Hahaha thanks for the laugh.

Edit:

During a sideline report they said New England put up Thermometers facing the Jaguars sideline and only when Marrone put them up to show the Patriots did they get rid of them.  Belicheck is an evil mind trip guy.

Wait what?
(09-17-2018, 09:58 PM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2018, 02:11 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Hahaha thanks for the laugh.

Edit:

Wait what?

The Pats put up thermometers in exit of the tunnel at Foxborough to show us how cold it was in the Champ Game, so we returned the favour with our own to show them how hot it was on Sunday along the sideline and they took them all down.
What I wonder about is the knee brace #12 had on that showed in one of the action pics from the game.
(09-17-2018, 12:13 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: [ -> ]Meh..honestly it’s probably just a habit he has. Sports players, especially baseball players, are wildly superstitious. Plus some guys may have poor circulation around their hands and want to warm them up..and yes your hands can still be cold even in 100+ temps. Also, everyone uses stickem. Even our WR gloves are crazy sticky. Not to take anything from Coles catch but you don’t make that catch bare handed

Everyone doesn't use stickum and if they did they are breaking the rules.

Players now wear gloves that are tacky and naturally sticky in many cases, and that's been under review by the league for years.
Spray stickem is odorless and colorless. So you wouldn’t be able to tell.
Thought i cleared this up already. It was Guerreros' underwear in there.
TB tore his ACL, which would explain the brace.
There are some QBs that wear a brace on their lead leg to provide additional protection. Was going to say "prophylactic protection," but knew somebody would get all bent.