Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Play of the game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So many to pick from:

-Cole with a ridiculous odel beckham like catch.  I think this really got the momentum started.

-Bortles had several long scrambles on 3rd and long for back breaking first downs.  You could see the frustration on the Patriots sideline when they had the play locked down and Blake used his legs.

-Westbrook with a crazy run after catch for a 60+ run after catch Td

-Blake had several throws that were dropped on a dime.  Pass to Cole for a td, pass to Moncrief td, et.

I could keep going but the play of the day for me was Dante Fowler's strip, sack,fumble recovery.

The Pats were down 24-13 and driving on the Jags 24 yard line.  The momentum had shifted and the team needed a big play.  Fowler just sprints pass the tackle, reaches strips the ball, fights the man holding him and recovers the fumble.  Totally changed momentum and if memory serves me right Westbrook had his long Td off the fumble recovery.
Keelan Cole's one handed catch by far in my opinion.
Play of game- Fowler strip sack
Highlight of game- Cole one handed catch
Yeah, it was definitely the catch that could wind up going on the Mt. Rushmore of all time catches. Not the strip sack that, while a good play, happens multiple times every week.
(09-17-2018, 03:49 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it was definitely the catch that could wind up going on the Mt. Rushmore of all time catches. Not the strip sack that, while a good play, happens multiple times every week.

And Fowler did it so it couldn't be a highlight...
(09-17-2018, 03:48 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Play of game- Fowler strip sack

Agreed. 

You coild argue Dede's game sealing TD could be play of the game too. 

Cole's catch might be highlight of the season right now.
Gotta be the Cole Catch. Fowler’s strip sack and recovery right up there, especially while being held the whole time. Brute strength and determination plus game changing. It’s up there for sure. Should be #1 but that catch was so amazing it pretty much wins. And, yes, they are playing that catch and OBJ’s one handed TD on SNF a few years back constantly. Will be one of the top plays of the year.
Every time Brady got hit was the highlight for me.
(09-17-2018, 05:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Every time Brady got hit was the highlight for me.

That, and every time he appeared aggravated.
Blake's best pass of the day. If him and Cole can continue to be on the same page, sky's the limit!
[Image: l5GNWM.gif]
play of the game is DF strip sack fumble changed the momentom and the course of the game. the catch is the highlight of the game
The play of the game was the quick turnover by Fowler on the strip of Brady after we had just thrown an INT that could have gotten them to within 1 score of taking the lead. We had lost all momentum after the Chark fumble up until that point. The most memorable/highlight of the day was Cole's catch.
Anyone got a clip of that Bortles play where he went headfirst for the 1st?
(09-17-2018, 05:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Every time Brady got hit was the highlight for me.

This for starters....our D was all over him....a pleasure to see!

Offensive PoTG - Cole's catch and roll for sure.
Defensive PoTG - Fowler strip sacking the goat while being held......I can only imagine how that looked on the big boards.
Cole's catch on offense wins out. It set the tone for the rest of the day. I have never seen this offense so [BLEEP] sharp and focused collectively. I hope they stay aggressive on offense. Especially at home.
Another play of the day candidate: any play I thought the Jags were gonna run to kill time yet they drop back and pass as if to say “[BLEEP] you New England”
(09-17-2018, 06:06 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Another play of the day candidate: any play I thought the Jags were gonna run to kill time yet they drop back and pass as if to say “[BLEEP] you New England”

Even though he didn't catch it (but probably should have) that deep ball to Moncrief with like 4 minutes left instead of a draw play was awesome. Hope we play with that mindset all year.
(09-17-2018, 03:48 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Play of game- Fowler strip sack

^^ This exactly. ^^

Cole's catch was certainly the highlight, but The Play of The Game is definitely the Fowler strip sack and fumble recovery.
Fowler strip sack was definitely the biggest play of the game IMO. Pats had gotten all the momentum back and it really looked like they were gonna claw all the way back in it and take the game.

Then BOOM! Denied.

The Westbrook TD was a thing of beauty from a team perspective. The blocking/teamwork on that play was terrific. Romo was going on and on about Grant playing super intelligently there by NOT blocking his guy. It was so easy for Grant to get a block in the back on his guy,, but he avoided the instinct to block and just let the defender go right by him. It was a really heady play by Grant. The other WR too had terrific blocking out front of Westbrook (can't remember who it was though).

Total team play there. Great stuff.
(09-17-2018, 05:27 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]play of the game is DF strip sack fumble changed the momentom and the course of the game. the catch is the highlight of the game

This exactly!
Pages: 1 2