Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2018 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile    Former L.A. Lakers and N. Y. Knicks radio play-by-play broadcaster Spero Dedes, and former NFL  and Arizona State defensive back Adam Archuleta, are announcing the Jaguars vs. Titans NFL On CBS's early regional single header game from TIAA Bank Field this Sunday afternoon, seen regionally, and locally on WJAX CBS Channel 47 in Jacksonville, FL, all stations seen live on HD.   Cool

WFOX-TV Channel 30 is also televising both the Saints @ Falcons, and Cowboys @ Seahawks early regional, and late primary, double header games on the NFL On FOX, all games seen live on HD.   Wink     Smile

https://506sports.com/

https://www.506sports.com/
So Dallas gets back to back Sunday Night football, and the Seahawks get Monday night and Sunday night football back to back.

Must be nice.
lol of course I get Cincy Bungles vs Carolina Panthers

I don't understand this idiotic CBS station in Mobile, Alabama.
Denver Baltimore.

Gross.
Buffalo @ Minnesota.. HAHA
Living in Nashville, I now get to see two Jaguars games back to back! I'm enjoying this while it lasts.
While I don’t mind the early games we always get (helps me get done watching the Jags and accomplish plenty and not drink one two many beers) I hate the lack of respect. There are some TERRIBLE matchups that get prime time coverage..Packs and Bears? Yuck. Bears and Seattle..very low ratings. I understand the NFL wants to get the matchups that will draw the highest ratings but they are striking out. Jags and Pats should have been the Prime Time Sunday game and the Jags Steelers should FOR SURE be in MNF
(09-19-2018, 04:34 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Living in Nashville, I now get to see two Jaguars games back to back! I'm enjoying this while it lasts.

It's quite amazing to me that I live halfway around the world and I have much better NFL coverage than the vast majority of Americans.
(09-19-2018, 02:13 PM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: [ -> ]So Dallas gets back to back Sunday Night football, and the Seahawks get Monday night and Sunday night football back to back.  

Must be nice.

In all honesty, I'm totally content with 1 SNF game per year due to work.  I really love hitting early mass then heading straight to the tailgating scene; also gives me time to recover and be energetic for the work week.
Weird choices by CBS this week for the #1 game. Bill's getting blown out over Cinny vs Carolina and Denver vs Baltimore.

Jags also shouldn't be so low on the list even though it will be a blowout.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
(09-20-2018, 11:36 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Weird choices by CBS this week for the #1 game. Bill's getting blown out over Cinny vs Carolina and Denver vs Baltimore.

The choices are not solely based on popularity but rather strategically mapped out to take conference opponents into consideration.  Thus, when you reference the Vikes vs Bills matchup, the viewing distribution includes Chicago, Detroit, and Green Bay so those fans can watch and root against the Vikes.  They probably have a lot more interest in the Vikes game vs the Broncos-Ravens although I agree, the latter should be a much better game.
CBS loves them some Bills mafia
(09-20-2018, 12:13 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2018, 11:36 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Weird choices by CBS this week for the #1 game. Bill's getting blown out over Cinny vs Carolina and Denver vs Baltimore.

The choices are not solely based on popularity but rather strategically mapped out to take conference opponents into consideration.  Thus, when you reference the Vikes vs Bills matchup, the viewing distribution includes Chicago, Detroit, and Green Bay so those fans can watch and root against the Vikes.  They probably have a lot more interest in the Vikes game vs the Broncos-Ravens although I agree, the latter should be a much better game.
Not arguing the viewing map, but the #1 game ranking as seen by the announcing pairings.

The only reason to put the #1 on this game is I guess it has the NYC market and may be the only time they have Minnesota.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk