Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gipson, where's the love?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gipson completely shutdown #87. He was one-on-one with Gronk most of the game.   I didnt see or hear one NFL pundit mention Gipson.  
#39 had a great game vs. NE.
Is he being lost behind Ramsey, Campbell, Smith, Bouye, Jack, Etc.?
Last year, I would've said he was the weak link on our defense, (not that we really had one.) This season he is playing lights out.
The Gipson love must be hiding in the same place as all those posters who swore up and down that DJ Hayden would suck and was a horrible signing.
(09-19-2018, 09:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]The Gipson love must be hiding in the same place as all those posters who swore up and down that DJ Hayden would suck and was a horrible signing.

+1

I’m not letting them slink off in the night from those hot takes either NYC.
I have a bunch of opinions and fan reaction. Facts .... well I dont know as much as some of you.

Honestly, I am glad Gibson is motivated. I saw some good reports on how much of a luxury Babich has with mixing up the defenses and positions. We have freakish linebacker speed. They were showing plays with Telvin back covering safety with Gibson on Gronk. The comment was other teams dont have that luxury.

I really hope they stay hungry and keep at it. This could be a crazy special season.
(09-19-2018, 09:46 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]I have a bunch of opinions and fan reaction. Facts .... well I dont know as much as some of you.

Honestly, I am glad Gibson is motivated. I saw some good reports on how much of a luxury Babich has with mixing up the defenses and positions. We have freakish linebacker speed. They were showing plays with Telvin back covering safety with Gibson on Gronk. The comment was other teams dont have that luxury.

I really hope they stay hungry and keep at it. This could be a crazy special season.

Babich?
Gipson has been great. I forgot where I heard it but the Jags ran some interesting coverages during the Pats game. They used Gipson on man on Gronk and ran Myles Jack back where Gipson usually is in zone. Crazy we have a MLB fast enough to do that.
(09-19-2018, 11:40 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Gipson has been great. I forgot where I heard it but the Jags ran some interesting coverages during the Pats game. They used Gipson on man on Gronk and ran Myles Jack back where Gipson usually is in zone. Crazy we have a MLB fast enough to do that.

Yup, Jack dropped deep to the Safety spot, as Church (iirc) ran up into his spot.

Deion, LT and Shannon Sharpe were talking about it on NFL gameday (I think that's the show on NFL Network) after all of the games on Sunday. All three of them were doing nothing but giving huge praises to this team, in all areas.

Sharpe was talking about how we were playing a Defense that hes never seen before, which was Jack, our MLB dropping back to the safety spot etc. They provided some decent insight and again had nothing but great things to say about this team, especially the Defense.

They even made it a point to say that if Bortles keeps playing close to the level he played at this past weekend, this is without doubt a Super Bowl team.

Deion even talked about how he was wrong about Bortles and was wrong for bad mouthing him last season etc.
(09-20-2018, 01:29 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XMpBHIiVvA

Yup, that's half of the segment I was talking about in my previous post.
Wait a minute bc Harrison was mixing in too. Yes Gip has been so much better away from Cyp.
I have always thought Church as the weak link in the secondary. Bad thing is being the worst on the Jags means your still a starter on any team.
anyone can link the clip about our defense being talked about?
(09-20-2018, 12:59 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2018, 11:40 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Gipson has been great. I forgot where I heard it but the Jags ran some interesting coverages during the Pats game. They used Gipson on man on Gronk and ran Myles Jack back where Gipson usually is in zone. Crazy we have a MLB fast enough to do that.

Yup, Jack dropped deep to the Safety spot, as Church (iirc) ran up into his spot.

Deion, LT and Shannon Sharpe were talking about it on NFL gameday (I think that's the show on NFL Network) after all of the games on Sunday. All three of them were doing nothing but giving huge praises to this team, in all areas.

Sharpe was talking about how we were playing a Defense that hes never seen before, which was Jack, our MLB dropping back to the safety spot etc. They provided some decent insight and again had nothing but great things to say about this team, especially the Defense.

They even made it a point to say that if Bortles keeps playing close to the level he played at this past weekend, this is without doubt a Super Bowl team.

Deion even talked about how he was wrong about Bortles and was wrong for bad mouthing him last season etc.

Except for the fact that Landry's Flex Defense did this on a regular basis. But, we can't expect people who talk about football to actually study football, now can we?
(09-19-2018, 10:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2018, 09:46 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]I have a bunch of opinions and fan reaction. Facts .... well I dont know as much as some of you.

Babich?

Wash.....   I was typing in another thread about how Babich wasn't a good coach when we had Gus around.  I can't believe I transposed it.  Ugh I apologize to Wash.