Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What I do and do not want to see against the tinhats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It looks like Fournette is a go but I do not want to see the same old bottled up offense when he plays.  The team loves to run Fournette into 8 and 9 man fronts.  The Jags beat the Patriots by going deep and making them pay for stacking the box to stop the running game.   The pats dared #5 to beat them and he did.  I want to see the team continue to take long shots downfield.
I'd like to see what we did back in the 90s with Tom, but I doubt it. Line up in 11 personnel and run into 7 man fronts and pass on 8/9 man fronts. You have a QB that has shown you he can be effective passing on early downs and they need to make defenses play honest so we can actually run the ball into a normal front.

I really get annoyed at 23 or even 22 personnel and we have 9 guys in the box because we have a fb in and 2-3 tight ends lol.
I would also like to see the jags take deep shots and put it on bottles, that bodes well for the titans
(09-21-2018, 09:38 AM)VondyP Wrote: [ -> ]titans

Good to see you adhere to the Standards Guide.
I don't want to see the Titans eat up the clock.

If Gabbert starts, they will revert to very quick passes so our DBs need to play up on the WRs and not relinquish the 2 step drop passes that travel 2 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Gabbert is not one to stay in the pocket so everything will be quick for them.

Mariota is a little trickier. I think his hand is still somewhat numb so that would most likely impact deeper passes and perhaps his risk taking options of running the ball extensively.
If Mariota plays, I see Yan getting in there for a strip sack on the numb hand
Tinhats?
Just a good ole fashioned [BLEEP] kickin'. That's about it. Hopefully we see 30+ and they get held under 10. That would be ideal.
(09-21-2018, 11:20 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]Tinhats?

tacks are conspiracy theorists, didn'tcha know?
The Jags softening their defense with the pass bosses well for LF, and running lanes
A victory.

Just roll with it.  There are thread starter quotas he has to meet.
(09-21-2018, 09:38 AM)VondyP Wrote: [ -> ]I would also like to see the jags take deep shots and put it on bottles, that bodes well for the titans

If we can't put it on bottles we'll put it on cans
Marrone sucks. He'll go back to the predictable Mularkey-esque offense and run Fournette on a 8-man front.
(09-21-2018, 03:10 PM)YourFather Wrote: [ -> ]Marrone sucks. He'll go back to the predictable Mularkey-esque offense and run Fournette on a 8-man front.

Is that what uncle Daddy told you while he was stuffing the turkey?
(09-21-2018, 03:15 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2018, 03:10 PM)YourFather Wrote: [ -> ]Marrone sucks. He'll go back to the predictable Mularkey-esque offense and run Fournette on a 8-man front.

Is that what uncle Daddy told you while he was stuffing the turkey?

Weird. You had a tough childhood., huh?
(09-21-2018, 03:19 PM)YourFather Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2018, 03:15 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]Is that what uncle Daddy told you while he was stuffing the turkey?

Weird. You had a tough childhood., huh?

Must've struck a nerve.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5673807]
(09-21-2018, 03:21 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2018, 03:19 PM)YourFather Wrote: [ -> ]Weird. You had a tough childhood., huh?

Must've struck a nerve.

Really you should tell us more.....

My thoughts exactly. I guess that's better than "flaming tinclots".