Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Spread Offense not that lame Olsen offense. Olsen stinks!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This team lining it up and running 2 yards up the gut it just a waste.  This offense and Blake plays much better when we have 3 or more receivers on the field to open the game up.  So sick of seeing this conservative lets run for almost no gain on first down every play.  Shotguns, spread offense and let's open this thing up.

Everytime we are down and the team has to spread the field to catch up blake and this offense runs much better.  Time to stop playing this lame Greg Olsen offense and lets open up the field.

You can't be a run first team and stay in shotgun 90% of the game. You need a power run scheme with a fullback, and we have neither.
OLSON  - his name has two "Os"

I agree. I've said it from the end of last season. We need to go into a spread offense. We have the personnel for it. We are not a run 1st offense; and shouldn't play that way. However, I am a little weary of throwing more with the way Blake's accuracy is looking so far. Olson's playcalling has been horrendous thus far.

Quote:OLSON  - his name has two "Os"
Who cares he stinks.  Every team he has coached has been terrible.
While I agree that Olson has called horrible games and that spread Would be beneficial, I'm not sure I completely agree 100% with going spread consistently. Spread can be incredibly limiting, it's pretty rare you see a team in the SB who runs spread over 50% of the time.

blake needs to be able to play from under center for this team to be really damaging.
Quote:While I agree that Olson has called horrible games and that spread Would be beneficial, I'm not sure I completely agree 100% with going spread consistently. Spread can be incredibly limiting, it's pretty rare you see a team in the SB who runs spread over 50% of the time.

blake needs to be able to play from under center for this team to be really damaging.
A good coach plays to our Strength.  We do not have an offensive line that can open up running lanes.  I rather them sling it all day and try to create points instead of being predictable and 3 and out every other drive.
Quote:While I agree that Olson has called horrible games and that spread Would be beneficial, I'm not sure I completely agree 100% with going spread consistently. Spread can be incredibly limiting, it's pretty rare you see a team in the SB who runs spread over 50% of the time.

Why? I'm actually genuinely curious why you think being under center is required to be a good team?
Are we sure this is on Olsen, or is this Gus Bradley's vision?  

Anyone who is a true fan of the Jaguars knows that it is spelled Olson.

I like Olson's offense OK, they just need to stop being so stubborn about the run when it fails 8 or 9 times consecutively and the players need to execute the simple things more consistently.  

His offense works fine when either:

A. the run game is clicking and they can take shots on play action

or

B. They mix in more hurry-up when the run game is struggling and get Blake some rhythm going

The first drive yesterday was textbook right up until the turnover.  This offense should be able to function that way consistently but it's not quite there with the O-LINE  or general consistent execution from Blake.  

Marqise, and both Allens were open quite often yesterday and Blake found them more often than he didn't. 

I also credit Olson for using Hurns in the slot effectively on those two big crossing route completions. 

When it worked, they went back to it but ran it deeper the second time and got more yards. 

Just a little more flexibility in the play calling and game planning that caters to Bortles strengths and also smooths over the O-line's deficiencies and they will be fine. 

Quote:Anyone who is a true fan of the Jaguars knows that it is spelled Olson.
Anyone on this message board is a true fan because this team hasn't given anyone outside of it's fanbase a reason to be a fan.  I wish I wan't a fan of this team because it would mean a lot less misery
Quote:Are we sure this is on Olsen, or is this Gus Bradley's vision?  

I can't help but think that Gus has fingerprints all over this.
Going to a strictly spread offense seems a lot like amputating below the knee because you sprained your ankle. 

Quote:I like Olson's offense OK, they just need to stop being so stubborn about the run when it fails 8 or 9 times consecutively and the players need to execute the simple things more consistently.  

His offense works fine when either:

A. the run game is clicking and they can take shots on play action

or

B. They mix in more hurry-up when the run game is struggling and get Blake some rhythm going

The first drive yesterday was textbook right up until the turnover.  This offense should be able to function that way consistently but it's not quite there with the O-LINE  or general consistent execution from Blake.  

Marqise, and both Allens were open quite often yesterday and Blake found them more often than he didn't. 

I also credit Olson for using Hurns in the slot effectively on those two big crossing route completions. 

When it worked, they went back to it but ran it deeper the second time and got more yards. 

Just a little more flexibility in the play calling and game planning that caters to Bortles strengths and also smooths over the O-line's deficiencies and they will be fine. 
You have the best takes. 
Quote:You have the best takes. 
Thank you kindlySmile

Just trying to look at it calmly. Yesterday there were three moments during the game when I wanted to smash Olson's clipboard over his head. 

I'm calm now. 

Quote:Thank you kindlySmile

Just trying to look at it calmly. Yesterday there were three moments during the game when I wanted to smash Olson's clipboard over his head. 

I'm calm now. 
Haha! Same. I'm glad I stuck through the game. I nearly left at halftime for an errand run!
Quote:Haha! Same. I'm glad I stuck through the game. I nearly left at halftime for an errand run!

I was going to do some yard work but it started some pretty heavy raining.

The more three and outs we had the more i drank... :teehee:

By the end and the win....I was too wasted to do anything.LOL

Quote:This team lining it up and running 2 yards up the gut it just a waste. This offense and Blake plays much better when we have 3 or more receivers on the field to open the game up. So sick of seeing this conservative lets run for almost no gain on first down every play. Shotguns, spread offense and let's open this thing up.

Everytime we are down and the team has to spread the field to catch up blake and this offense runs much better. Time to stop playing this lame Greg Olsen offense and lets open up the field.
Running a spread is not going to be some catchall for our offensive woes. The root of our problem extend from our lack of execution and ability to run the ball. Exclusively, going to a look that screams pass is not going to magically make our line set and hold blocks. It's also going to make defense's job easier. If your tired of running stretches and toss plays, guess what you will see more of out of a spread look? Linder is the only one on our line who looks legit, everyone else is either so so our worse. To exacerbate matters, Bortles has to master the routine things and not get deflated when things go awry. 2 minute offense only works when the defense goes into more of a prevent look. Spreading the field will do nothing if they squat on the slant and he has to go thru more than one read.
Quote:This team lining it up and running 2 yards up the gut it just a waste.  This offense and Blake plays much better when we have 3 or more receivers on the field to open the game up.  So sick of seeing this conservative lets run for almost no gain on first down every play.  Shotguns, spread offense and let's open this thing up.

Everytime we are down and the team has to spread the field to catch up blake and this offense runs much better.  Time to stop playing this lame Greg Olsen offense and lets open up the field.

This isn't madden.  Name one team that runs a spread offense and is successful.
Pages: 1 2 3