Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I hate the decision to punt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
While I understand the logic, it felt like we gave up at that point.
(09-23-2018, 04:13 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]While I understand the logic, it felt like we gave up at that point.

Thats a loser coach does. Remeber the Mularkey days? Its all over again. Marrone is a ghost on Mike Mularkeys soul.

Fire this fat gutless moron already
We knew weren't getting the ball back with over a minute and yet we were more comfortable going with stupid lateral plays than we were going for it on 4 and 3... [BLEEP] stupid. Couple that with No throws over 10 yards. And we have them the [BLEEP] game.... we put up 31 vs pats and then 6 on the titans. What the [BLEEP] is wrong with us
You have to play call for 4 downs there. Defense was gassed.

Marrone is one of the worst situational HCs I have ever seen.
I couldn't believe when I saw Bortles trotting off the field on 4th down, I waited til I actually saw them punt the ball and turned off my TV. Anyone knows the defense wasn't going to stop them at that point because of how long they had been on the field and how freaking gassed they were. Absolutely ridiculous.
(09-23-2018, 04:29 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to play call for 4 downs there. Defense was gassed.

Marrone is one of the worst situational HCs I have ever seen

This is why hes a bad coach. Jags wont go far under Marrone.

Mularkey and Marrone are brothers
pretty sure TC is tired of this gutless coach. Im hoping morone dosnt make it past monday
(09-23-2018, 04:29 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to play call for 4 downs there. Defense was gassed.

Marrone is one of the worst situational HCs I have ever seen.

I have to agree with you there. The defense was on the field for 7+ minutes on the drive prior. Call a simple Bortles bootleg or something to give yourself a chance. The tacks surely did with Mary.
(09-23-2018, 04:32 PM)YourFather Wrote: [ -> ]

Ehhh Hackett called a pathetic game. Sorry to watch
HOW on earth did Marrone not go for it. He LITERALLY just watched his defense get gassed by a methodical painful drive by the TACKS. It's 4th and 1 ball game, he has learned absolutely nothing from last season. Nothing.
Our talent will continue to win in spite of our inept coaching staff, but don't count on winning the big one with these has beens and never will be's.
If you arent a good siituational headcoach you are always going to cost your team 3 points.

Good coaching can always get you 3.

(09-23-2018, 04:35 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2018, 04:32 PM)YourFather Wrote: [ -> ]This is why hes a bad coach. Jags wont go far under Marrone.

Ehhh Hackett called a pathetic game. Sorry to watch

If Hackett made that decision to punt, than Marrone is a bigger moron then I thought
(09-23-2018, 04:39 PM)YourFather Wrote: [ -> ]If you arent a good siituational headcoach you are always going to cost your teaj 3 points.

Good coaching can always get you 3.

Agree. I get that people are frustrated with the defense and it was frustrating to watch, but they only allowed 9 points (fake punt was 3 of those) and they never even sniffed the rnd zone.

It's not like TEN has some elite defense. You have to score.
I was surprised as well. Our defense seemed to be wearing down.
(09-23-2018, 04:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Our talent will continue to win in spite of our inept coaching staff, but don't count on winning the big one with these has beens and never will be's.

Yep. I expected this. I really did, this team just plays very well against good teams and like crap against bad ones. What I expected was change this season from Marrone. When it's on the line, he just doesn't have it. He hasn't changed at all. He is who he is. Probably in a parking lot chewing on a bologna sandwich right now. I expected games like this from Bortles. It's just going to happen. You'd expect a HC to learn, but perhaps just stubborn in their own ways.
going for it had better odds than sending the worn out D back on the field.
rather go down fighting if we're going down
TC can take this team to the SB we need a change
(09-23-2018, 04:46 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2018, 04:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Our talent will continue to win in spite of our inept coaching staff, but don't count on winning the big one with these has beens and never will be's.

Yep. I expected this. I really did, this team just plays very well against good teams and like crap against bad ones. What I expected was change this season from Marrone. When it's on the line, he just doesn't have it. He hasn't changed at all. He is who he is. Probably in a parking lot chewing on a bologna sandwich right now. I expected games like this from Bortles. It's just going to happen. You'd expect a HC to learn, but perhaps just stubborn in their own ways.

If Caldwell doesnt fire Marrone at the end of this season (in spite of the success they might have) than Coughlin should just pull the trigger without asking him. 

The only way to extend Marrones contract is either SB or bust. This team has put alot of money on this team to not beat the Tacks.
(09-23-2018, 04:13 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]While I understand the logic, it felt like we gave up at that point.

Agree, he was too aggressive early with the fake punt and then went full conservative later. The punting lost us this game.
(09-23-2018, 04:32 PM)YourFather Wrote: [ -> ]

Mularkey and Marrone are brother

Lol, they went farther than everyone but 2 other teams last year. I'd swear you were a jilted Buffalonian the way Marrone makes you empty that sphincter you call a mouth.
Pages: 1 2 3 4