Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Most penalties through 3 weeks:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Most penalties through 3 weeks:

Steelers 37 (1-1-1)
Bills 28 (1-2)
Eagles 27 (2-1)
Broncos 26 (2-1)
Jaguars 26 (2-1)
49ers 26 (1-2)
Packers 26
(1-1-1)

via Gil Brandt
https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/10...7111105537

We seem like a few others to be overcoming the penalties, but it has to stop.
Teams penalized vs us. I know its been spoken off in each gameday thread, but it seems teams just have these amazingly "clean" games vs us.

6 for 43 yards vs Giants. 5 for 39 on their offense, 1 for 4 special teams.
2 for 25 vs Patriots 2 for 25, both special teams .
4 for 30 vs Titans. 3 for 20 on offense. 1 for 10 ST

Defenses must play us perfectly clean it seems, and offenses rarely ever hold our D linemen!
coughlin needs to be on the line with the league office NON STOP until we start receiving fair called games... take it public, do whatever needs to be done, but something needs to change
(09-25-2018, 04:53 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Teams penalized vs us. I know its been spoken off in each gameday thread, but it seems teams just have these amazingly "clean" games vs us.

4 for 30 vs Titans.  3 for 20 on offense. 1 for 10 ST

Defenses must play us perfectly clean it seems, and offenses rarely ever hold our D linemen!
The Titans were holding all game long. Especially on Yan. It was incredible that it wasn’t called more often.
Team is undisciplined. I'm particularly concerned that ST's always seems to have a horrible penalty or two each game.
(09-25-2018, 10:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2018, 04:53 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Teams penalized vs us. I know its been spoken off in each gameday thread, but it seems teams just have these amazingly "clean" games vs us.

4 for 30 vs Titans.  3 for 20 on offense. 1 for 10 ST

The Titans were holding all game long. Especially on Yan. It was incredible that it wasn’t called more often.

I've been saying this since last season... Yann gets held like every frickin play man...
And it seems league wide the OL holding penalties are coming less and less on passing plays.

(09-25-2018, 10:25 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Team is undisciplined. I'm particularly concerned that ST's always seems to have a horrible penalty or two each game.

This is the one area I'm not worried about.
Every team, every game, there is a damn block in the back or some crap on a kick off or punt.
Every single game I watch. It's terrible that guys can't seem to stop pushing guys from behind....
(09-25-2018, 10:25 AM)rocdee Wrote: [ -> ]Team is undisciplined. I'm particularly concerned that ST's always seems to have a horrible penalty or two each game.

It's true.

Jags caught an immensely lucky break in the Pats game. 

Just before the long Westbrook TD, the Pats were forced to punt on a 4th and short. The Jags punt team jumped way offsides, which would've given the Pats a 1st down. 

Thankfully, the Pats special teams players screwed up even worse and didn't reach out and touch the offsides player.

That really could've been a crucial penalty on the Jags when the game started to tighten up and the Pats looked to be getting back in that thing.
(09-25-2018, 10:11 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]coughlin needs to be on the line with the league office NON STOP until we start receiving fair called games... take it public, do whatever needs to be done, but something needs to change

Oh boo hoo.
Penalties are going to happen. And I feel most fans here are pretty reasonable and logical when it comes to that fact of life.

I think what's killing us, well, at least killing me is WHEN the penalties occur. The volume is pretty high. But it's those damn false starts, holds and hands to the face ones that crush us. And they tend to happen when the team is picking up momentum and they've crossed into enemy territory.

If it's anything that the coaches need to work on. It's those particular occurrences more than anything that needs to be addressed. When you're backed up a little bit. Sure, try to be a little bit more aggressive in the trenches and pray that nobody sees it and paints the field yellow. But once you get to the 50 yard line and you're beginning to march into at least field goal territory.

Dial it back just a little bit. Take your time. Keep your hands in front of you and try not to over extend or reach too much. It's happened in every game this year. Situational awareness needs to get better. But it's going to happen. Especially with this offense. It's still young overall. I think the oldest player we have on offense is Jeremy Parnell. The rest of those guys out there barely have four years each in the NFL and they've barely started.

I think it's not mentioned enough with Marrone though. What he's done with that offensive line is pretty impressive. We've had a few missing pieces here and there due to injuries and they've tried to keep the rotation as clean and healthy as possible in a pinch. They'll get better over time this year.