Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2 minute offense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why can't we look at running this more throughout the game? This is when we (Bortles) are at our absolute best, Bortles seems more composed.

I'm sick of our run scheme, it's not our best style and is just causing us to keep going behind and losing momentum.

I think this is definitely a realistic idea especially now our d has stepped up and can force quick 3 and outs.
The 2 minute offense would kill our defense.

Quote:The 2 minute offense would kill our defense.
3 and outs hurt it even more.
Is Doug Marrone even good?

Quote:Is Doug Marrone even good?

It is not Doug Marrone's job to call the plays.
Bortles has to be Top 5 in NFL in 2 minute offense. They should be running this 4-5 times per game the way UCF and George O'Leary did. 

I think it works so well because of how defenses play in the final 2 min.
Quote:I think it works so well because of how defenses play in the final 2 min.

Jags did this the entire 4th quarter and Blake was 11-14. They basically just stopped running and started to score points.
Should definitely be mixed up. If the offense is struggling or has not developed a rhythm, go into no huddle.

But this is asking Olson to be creative... and he's just not.
This team is odd...It seems that we either get our [BLEEP] kicked or we just barely play up to the opponents level.  We need to learn how to kick the [BLEEP] out of them.

You can run no huddle without it being a "2 min offense"

No huddle alone makes this offense function better. Blake is sharper, Yeldon had a good run during it as well.

Meh, they huddled all of the first drive and went straight down the field. Just didn't close the deal and score.

I think they should implement it more often. But I don't think using it all the time would be smart right now. If our offense was more consistent, I'd say go with it. But there's still too many mistakes taking place. They just need to pepper in some of it during the longer drives to tire the defense a little more and maybe confuse them.