Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Has Josh Wells turned a corner?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As someone who has been critical of Wells (like most people) he's actually played 2 games very well. He didn't get too overpowered and lose technique. I think the Jets game will be the real test for him.
Agreed. Right now, I'm more concerned about the complete lack of depth on the O-Line. I still have no idea who is the backup LT now and when Reed was brought in to replace Cann last week, he was terrible. Wells has played much better than expected. Hopefully this continues.
Yeah losing Robinson for the year hurt. But Wells gets paid to play too and he is playing decent.
Wells has been better than expected. He hasn't seen the better pass rushers he'll see this season yet, but he's been pretty solid. I remain less than optimistic about the LT spot in 2018.
I think Norwell-Shatley-Linder is a better group, Reed is ok at LG but isn't physical enough to play on the right side. Wells is ok so far.
(09-29-2018, 08:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I think Norwell-Shatley-Linder is a better group, Reed is ok at LG but isn't physical enough to play on the right side. Wells is ok so far.

Reed should never play RG, ever again.
(09-29-2018, 09:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2018, 08:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I think Norwell-Shatley-Linder is a better group, Reed is ok at LG but isn't physical enough to play on the right side. Wells is ok so far.

QFT
The only corner turning that gets done with Wells is by the opposing edge rusher.
Thanks for the jinx. I fully expect a LT meltdown against the Jets now.
(09-29-2018, 09:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree he had a bad game but I’ve seen him play decent before. Your comment did make me chuckle though.

We gonna need Reed for this Super Bowl run
(09-29-2018, 08:05 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2018, 09:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Reed should never play RG, ever again.

I agree he had a bad game but I’ve seen him play decent before. Your comment did make me chuckle though.

We gonna need Reed for this Super Bowl run

I just can't see turning Wells into a CB.  Not even a safety.

LB is a big stretch as well..............................
He’s still good. I’m surprised as hell
Hes a better pass blocker than Cam honestly.
One or 2 posters will say, well he hasn't went up against the top pass rushers. Well even if he doesnt do well against them, most dont and Cam didnt either. Cams first career game he did great against a injured Watt and Clowney coming off an injury
Not saying Cam is bad but he was a bit inconsistent. Hopefully Wells can keep it up
Believe what you will but Wells has played at a higher level than Robinson. Just don’t ask him to block very long!
Wells looked pretty good against the Jets. He never seemed to get beat off the ball and was able to hold up well without much help. He isn't Boselli but has come a long way from the turn-style efforts of the past.
Contract year.
We have slid a lot more help to Wells than we usually do Cam which is something to note. I believe Cam had less help his rookie year than most tackles do. Still, Wells has done his job, intented benefit of injuries is we get to build depth