Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Any concern??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does anyone have any concerns about Yannick? Let me be clear, I am not in any way saying he's playing badly. He's bringing pressure and playing very well. However, he has yet to get a sack. I know sacks are mostly overrated. However, he should have one by now. Is it just because teams are scheming him a lot more now? If I was a betting man, at the beginning of the season I would have bet he was going to have his greatest year sack-wise this year; simply because of his hunger and work ethic. Have we lost Sacksonville? I blame that guy who is trying to claim copyrights on the word! lol
(10-02-2018, 01:05 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have any concerns about Yannick? Let me be clear, I am not in any way saying he's playing badly. He's bringing pressure and playing very well. However, he has yet to get a sack. I know sacks are mostly overrated. However, he should have one by now. Is it just because teams are scheming him a lot more now? If I was a betting man, at the beginning of the season I would have bet he was going to have his greatest year sack-wise this year; simply because of his hunger and work ethic. Have we lost Sacksonville? I blame that guy who is trying to claim copyrights on the word! lol

He had a sack Sunday. Thread fail.
(10-02-2018, 01:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2018, 01:05 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have any concerns about Yannick? Let me be clear, I am not in any way saying he's playing badly. He's bringing pressure and playing very well. However, he has yet to get a sack. I know sacks are mostly overrated. However, he should have one by now. Is it just because teams are scheming him a lot more now? If I was a betting man, at the beginning of the season I would have bet he was going to have his greatest year sack-wise this year; simply because of his hunger and work ethic. Have we lost Sacksonville? I blame that guy who is trying to claim copyrights on the word! lol

He had a sack Sunday. Thread fail.

Did he? I remember Malik's and thought Calais got another one. I don't remember Yannick getting one. Was it a joint sack?
Fail thread failed.
(10-02-2018, 01:13 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2018, 01:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]He had a sack Sunday. Thread fail.

Did he? I remember Malik's and thought Calais got another one. I don't remember Yannick getting one. Was it a joint sack?

Solo sack to end the 1st half.
[Image: jets_jaguars_football_54458_s878x1037.jp...71c289cab6]
from what i have seen he has been drawing alot of double teams and chippers. That said i think it has to do with the QBs we have faced. Both eli and brady get rid of the ball quickley many times i saw yan 1 sec late from stirpping the ball or getting the sack. Mary just ran away from him when he saw him coming.
(10-02-2018, 01:57 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]from what i have seen he has been drawing alot of double teams and chippers. That said i think it has to do with the QBs we have faced. Both eli and brady get rid of the ball quickley many times i saw yan 1 sec late from stirpping the ball or getting the sack. Mary just ran away from him when he saw him coming.

This.  He was getting doubled on nearly every down and was an eyelash away on so many plays.  I am not worried about the lack of sacks, the pressures are still there.
more people bashing a thread, if you don't like a thread just move along. Do you only want 3 threads? But nope some of you have to go on the attack like rabid [BLEEP] dogs.
Dude had 7 pressures and a sack last week. Was the main pressure that forced the rushed throw for the pick 6 on Eli.

Ngakoue is one of my least concerns.
I would be more concered how Jags have lost thier RB. my dad says fornate needs to go,hes not a football player. Arron Rogers is playing hurt,and doesn't have too. thats a football player.
(10-02-2018, 02:52 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]more people bashing a thread, if you don't like a thread just move along. Do you only want 3 threads? But nope some of you have to go on the attack like rabid [BLEEP] dogs.

Looks like most have stayed on topic unlike you. If you don't like how people are responding take your own advice and just move along o' dear message board messiah.

Back to the topic...like someone has already mentioned he is getting more attention this year with chips and double teams. I haven't really seen to many blitzes at this stage either, just mainly four man rushes. Heck the blitzes we have set up were LB or CB. The sacks and turnovers will come and when they do the flood gates will open!
(10-02-2018, 04:35 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]I would be more concered how Jags have lost thier RB. my dad says fornate needs to go,hes not a football player.  Arron Rogers is playing hurt,and doesn't have too. thats a football player.

But but but but momma said momma said ... cmon mannnnn Fournette isn't a football player? What is he then?
He has been hurt more then hes played since jags drafted him.
He played 13/16 regular season games last year and the playoffs.... what? Must be my math...

Also I guess him playing on his crap ankle last year means nothing anymore ...sheesh what a non football player get this guy outta here put him in textiles or something.
In the Ramsey thread I predicted that the next "concern" thread would be about Ngakoue. I am the great sensei.
(10-02-2018, 04:03 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Dude had 7 pressures and a sack last week. Was the main pressure that forced the rushed throw for the pick 6 on Eli.

Ngakoue is one of my least concerns.

Yeah for real.
(10-02-2018, 05:01 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]He has been hurt more then hes played since jags drafted him.

Well that's just not true.

And Wolf, your dad is not good at evaluating football. Aaron Rodgers is a QB, Fournette is a RB. Two very different positions. 

Also, its not Fournette's choice to not play. You know that right?
the players do have a choice. doctors told Rogers not to play,and he still went back in game,and played. players do have a say. thats my dads thoughts though mostly on fornate. I think him being out could be a blessing in diguase. it could make bortles a better qb cause teams not depending on the run so much. To win a Super Bowl you need to mix up your offensseive plays,and havd a srong defense plus good ST.
(10-02-2018, 05:29 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]the players do have a choice. doctors told Rogers not to play,and he still went back in game,and played. players do have a say.   thats my dads thoughts though mostly on fornate. I think him being out could be a blessing in diguase. it could make bortles a better qb cause teams not depending on the run so much. To win a Super Bowl you need to mix up your offensseive plays,and havd a srong defense plus good ST.

That's not how it works. If the dr says they can't play, they can't just go play. The Dr's told Rodgers he CAN play and won't hurt it more. If Fournette wouldn't hurt his hamstring more by playing, then he would be allowed to play.
Pages: 1 2 3