Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Slip n slide Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USMO0460:1:US

80% chance of rain in KC on Sunday. Will the wet conditions help the Jags defense slow down the hot KC offense? Should we expect a heavy dose of Yeldon and Grant?
Yeldon may be a smart fantasy start.

This game may be a lower scoring affair than it was previously thought to be.
(10-05-2018, 01:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Yeldon may be a smart fantasy start.

If this is the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see more of Wilds.
(10-05-2018, 01:48 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2018, 01:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Yeldon may be a smart fantasy start.

If this is the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see more of Wilds.

I wouldn’t hate it. Especially if he can secure the rock this go ‘round.
(10-05-2018, 02:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2018, 01:48 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]If this is the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see more of Wilds.

I wouldn’t hate it. Especially if he can secure the rock this go ‘round.

I don't think he has any more of a problem with that than Yeldon.
(10-05-2018, 02:14 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2018, 02:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn’t hate it. Especially if he can secure the rock this go ‘round.

Yep. Him and Westbrook both are bad about that.
(10-05-2018, 02:14 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2018, 02:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn’t hate it. Especially if he can secure the rock this go ‘round.

I don’t think he “has a problem” really. Just coughed one up. 
His play in preseason was impressive and I don’t recall a fumble. 

Thought he fumbled one vs the tacks but maybe I’m just remembering wrong on that.
(10-05-2018, 02:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2018, 02:14 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think he has any more of a problem with that than Yeldon.

I don’t think he “has a problem” really. Just coughed one up. 

Thought he fumbled one vs the tacks but maybe I’m just remembering wrong on that.

I thought he had fumbled and recovered against the Pats, but not seeing it in the box score.
He fumbled on his first carry of his NFL career. you can chalk that up to rookiee or nerves or shiney new game ball. I think he will be fine. Westbrook fights for every inch of yardage giving defenders a chance to punch the ball out. I like the fight just wrap it up and dont lose it.
Not trying to be too nit picky but Yeldon does seem to put the ball on the ground here and there. So far he's been good for at least two lost fumbles on average each season since his 2nd year. He had 2 last year and he only carried the ball 49 times.

(10-05-2018, 02:56 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2018, 02:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think he “has a problem” really. Just coughed one up. 

I thought he had fumbled and recovered against the Pats, but not seeing it in the box score.

That may have been Chark in that game. And then Westbrook had one too but recovered it.
(10-05-2018, 02:56 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2018, 02:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think he “has a problem” really. Just coughed one up. 

Wilds 100% did fumble in that Pats game.  Guessing they just didn't count it since I think he just dropped it and immediately picked it up and fell forward with it.
Yes wilds did fumble.
Says it's up to a 90% chance now, with possible Thunderstorms.
Weather.com says 100% chance of rain now. High of 65 low of 63 haha
(10-06-2018, 10:03 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]Weather.com says 100% chance of rain now. High of 65 low of 63 haha

Monsoon game. Hopefully there aren’t any weather delays.
So is this going to be downpour or just light rain? I can't really find something that says. Anyone know?
(10-06-2018, 03:32 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]So is this going to be downpour or just light rain? I can't really find something that says. Anyone know?

I spent some time making this for you and everyone else courtesy of Weather.com:

[Image: 23iz6fn.jpg]
(10-06-2018, 04:01 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2018, 03:32 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]So is this going to be downpour or just light rain? I can't really find something that says. Anyone know?

I spent some time making this for you and everyone else courtesy of Weather.com:

[Image: 23iz6fn.jpg]
Very nice, thank you Brett. 

Hopefully no lightning. That would suck to have delays in such a hyped game.
Obviously the downpour will benefit the Jags tremendously...
I think it's interesting that not only do fans think that bad weather gives an advantage to passing defenses, but rather NFL coaches still load up on the run and get into a conservative mindset. ad weather is a big-time advantage for passers. When I was in the glory days, I loved the sloppy weather because I could hit my deep options all day.

The advantage is going to be with the guy running straight and Robinson and Hill are going to be in their glory. You're going to want to stop them at the line and throw off their routes and definitely get licks on the QB. Maybe some advantage to the Jags D in keeping the extended plays to a minimum hopefully.

The game favors what Mahomes and the Chiefs do. The only thing that can get in their way is Andy Reid. Likewise, I'm hoping Hackett has some pass plays ready to go, because Westbrook and Cole should have monster days against this putrid defense
Pages: 1 2