Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Offense hasn’t been this bad since 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...-to-chiefs

It’s hard to swallow the info expressed but it’s true. Things aren’t looking good folks.
They've had two bad games. I'm not gonna trip yet, but the injuries at LT and Bortles' inconsistency will continue to haunt us.

Hopefully Hackett can find a way to counter these issues.
I have a feeling fans will start calling for Hackett to be fired. That was a bad game plan to be honest. Yeldon gained 51 yards on one drive to put us in the red zone and Hack elected to throw fades to Moncrief. Then on 4th down ASJ drops a drag route.

Not sure why we couldn’t just call some plays that would give us a better shot of coming away with points. I have yet to see the receivers bunched up or maybe some over load plays where Bortles can roll out and pass run option type stuff.

Just a bad day by the offensive coordinator.

On a side note, I would seriously consider Shatley at center and Linder at Left Tackle if we are seriously going to make a playoff push.
I agree, I am the first one to say that I do not know much about play calling but when we did the same deep pass back to back to back (Chark catch) I was confused. I also didn't understand why we would run down for the score but then pass for the score. I mean I understand that the defense was probably expecting a run but so what? We were able to run on them that whole drive.

On top of the OC I was annoyed with Bortles but the line was bad and it shook Blake.
(10-07-2018, 05:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]They've had two bad games. I'm not gonna trip yet, but the injuries at LT and Bortles' inconsistency will continue to haunt us.

Despite the victory the Giants was a bad game, especially offensively.
Yeah the Giants game was tough to watch. Hack better tighten up because he could lose his job with this win now team.
(10-07-2018, 05:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]They've had two bad games. I'm not gonna trip yet, but the injuries at LT and Bortles' inconsistency will continue to haunt us.

Hopefully Hackett can call 2 consistant games back to back. and yes it was just 2 plays but damm RBB5 can get  a yard and half by himself on 2 plays
I mean they were inside the 10 twice and came away with zero points. Turnovers were killer. You just can't lose the turnover battle by so much and expect to be competitive, last week was unheard of really (-3 turnover win). Turnovers IMO made the biggest impact above everything else that went bad.
(10-07-2018, 05:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]I mean they were inside the 10 twice and came away with zero points. Turnovers were killer. You just can't lose the turnover battle by so much and expect to be competitive, last week was unheard of really (-3 turnover win). Turnovers IMO made the biggest impact above everything else that went bad.

I agree. We had 5 turnovers and Bottles was sacked 5 times.

Bortles had a crap game despite 430 yards in the rain. The fumble after Gipson’s int was a disaster. Then the int off the helmet. Bad day all around.
(10-07-2018, 05:27 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a feeling fans will start calling for Hackett to be fired. That was a bad game plan to be honest. Yeldon gained 51 yards on one drive to put us in the red zone and Hack elected to throw fades to Moncrief. Then on 4th down ASJ drops a drag route.

Not sure why we couldn’t just call some plays that would give us a better shot of coming away with points. I have yet to see the receivers bunched up or maybe some over load plays where Bortles can roll out and pass run option type stuff.

Just a bad day by the offensive coordinator.

On a side note, I would seriously consider Shatley at center and Linder at Left Tackle is we are seriously going to make a playoff push.

Really?  C'mon now...

Here's three from the jets game. Took me 90 seconds to find these just looking at the first half. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
I don't know who's more bipolar, Bortles or the coaching staff.
(10-07-2018, 05:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know who's more bipolar, Bortles or the coaching staff.

Lol! For real. It's seriously like Dr. Jekyll and mr. Hyde
Still better than the titans offense.
we had 1 year without injuries... last year.. and we were robbed of the superbowl

now we are back to the regular old jaguars of the last 10 years... each and every week we lose 1 or 2 important guys. We are in trouble.. Mark it down, we are in big trouble
It doesn’t help that we aren’t scoring on defense like we used to.
(10-07-2018, 05:49 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Still better than the titans offense.

Our goal isn't the Titans, our goal is the super bowl.
(10-07-2018, 06:18 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 05:49 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Still better than the titans offense.

Our goal isn't the Titans, our goal is the super bowl.

they going to have to readjust that goal LOL... making the playoffs is not even guaranteed
(10-07-2018, 06:20 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Well that's something.

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status...7612421121

He doesn't' get the 20 point Brady Adjustment.
(10-07-2018, 06:19 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 06:18 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Our goal isn't the Titans, our goal is the super bowl.

they going to have to readjust that goal LOL... making the playoffs is not even guaranteed

When were the playoffs ever guaranteed? 

They have work to do to fix mistakes made today, and they have some unfortunate injuries, but they're just a half game back for the division.  Might need to readjust your knee from the jerking motion.
Pages: 1 2