Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: All that wasted money
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
19 millions or so on Bortles
Like 13 on Norwell
Moncrief
Lee
Hayden
ASJ

Norwell has been only ok all the others are mediocre at best, we could have had Cousins and A Rob. 

Fournette over Mahomes
Smoot might as well be released 3rd round pick wasted like B. Anger

And before someone says "but but but if we signed Cousins we wouldn't be to resign our great defensive players" well our "great" defense just got roflstomped by the #1 offense. 

Ngakoue is pretty good but not great, doesn't deserve to break the bank. His sack was, in part, thanks to Fowler.
Taking the loss hard huh?
hes right, a lot of bad moves.. keeping bortles was a massive mistake.. one that is likely to haunt us especially if we cut multiple defensive players after this season

the defense was EXPOSED today.. they are good, but they are not nearly as good as they think, or even some of us. A lot of that I think is scheme, I think rushing 4 constantly and sitting in zone is just a waste of our talent

however, it is clearly the offense that continues to hold this team back in a massive way

we are going NO WHERE with this QB
(10-07-2018, 06:08 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]hes right, a lot of bad moves.. keeping bortles was a massive mistake.. one that is likely to haunt us especially if we cut multiple defensive players after this season

the defense was EXPOSED today.. they are good, but they are not nearly as good as they think, or even some of us.  A lot of that I think is scheme, I think rushing 4 constantly and sitting in zone is just a waste of our talent

however, it is clearly the offense that continues to hold this team back in a massive way

We went to the AFCCG last year with this QB. And we are tied for first in our division right now with this QB. You need to get your emotions under control man, it's not good for your heart.
(10-07-2018, 06:08 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]hes right, a lot of bad moves.. keeping bortles was a massive mistake.. one that is likely to haunt us especially if we cut multiple defensive players after this season

the defense was EXPOSED today.. they are good, but they are not nearly as good as they think, or even some of us.  A lot of that I think is scheme, I think rushing 4 constantly and sitting in zone is just a waste of our talent

Oh boo hoo.
(10-07-2018, 06:14 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]

We went to the AFCCG last year with this QB. And we are tied for first in our division right now with this QB. You need to get your emotions under control man, it's not good for your heart.

and last year we had NO injuries aside from allen robinson... other than that we were the healthiest team in the entire league by a WIDE margin

we also were getting defensive touchdowns left and right by our defense, which is not sustainable, as you can see

this team, with injuries, and without as many scores from the defense, is NOT as fortunate or as good as last year's team

bortles is turning the ball over at an alarming rate, our offensive line is starting to be in shambles, our best in the league RB depth is now one of the worst in the league

I dont need perspective, I am seeing things for how they are

are you still here. hows your boy tyrod doing .... oh sitting on the bench with a rookiee playing for him
(10-07-2018, 06:21 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 06:14 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]We went to the AFCCG last year with this QB. And we are tied for first in our division right now with this QB. You need to get your emotions under control man, it's not good for your heart.

and last year we had NO injuries aside from allen robinson... other than that we were the healthiest team in the entire league by a WIDE margin

we also were getting defensive touchdowns left and right by our defense, which is not sustainable, as you can see

this team, with injuries, and without as many scores from the defense, is NOT as fortunate or as good as last year's team

bortles is turning the ball over at an alarming rate, our offensive line is starting to be in shambles, our best in the league RB depth is now one of the worst in the league

So you think this team is just fine except the injuries which iare beyond the control of the personnel department. Good to see you understand your own idiocy
people won't like it, but you're mostly right

they had two big chances to upgrade the most important position on the team, and foolishly decided to go in another direction

picking a RB in the top 5 (lolololol) and thinking Cousins was not a big enough upgrade to Blake to make a difference (lolololol)
(10-07-2018, 06:21 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]

are you still here. hows your boy tyrod doing .... oh sitting on the bench with a rookiee playing for him

never said tyrod was good, just better than bortles, which is 100% true

(10-07-2018, 06:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 06:21 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]and last year we had NO injuries aside from allen robinson... other than that we were the healthiest team in the entire league by a WIDE margin

So you think this team is just fine except the injuries which iare beyond the control of the personnel department. Good to see you understand your own idiocy

ya i said nothing about the defense not scoring this year, and that we have a trash tier QB... other than that we are great!
(10-07-2018, 06:27 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: [ -> ]people won't like it, but you're mostly right

they had two big chances to upgrade the most important position on the team, and foolishly decided to go in another direction

picking a RB in the top 5 (lolololol) and thinking Cousins was not a big enough upgrade to Blake to make a difference (lolololol)

Exactly. 

I also bet the Giants are regretting passing on Darnold. Barkley is way better than Fournette but still he is only a RB.
(10-07-2018, 06:14 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]

They made the AFC championship game in spite of Bortles.  If not for the defense holding Buffalo to only 3 points we’d have a different QB right now.
(10-07-2018, 05:53 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]19 millions or so on Bortles
Like 13 on Norwell
Moncrief
Lee
Hayden
ASJ

Norwell has been only ok all the others are mediocre at best, we could have had Cousins and A Rob. 

Fournette over Mahomes
Smoot might as well be released 3rd round pick wasted like B. Anger

And before someone says "but but but if we signed Cousins we wouldn't be to resign our great defensive players" well our "great" defense just got roflstomped by the #1 offense. 

Ngakoue is pretty good but not great, doesn't deserve to break the bank. His sack was, in part, thanks to Fowler.

I agree with most of your list but Hayden should not be a part of it. We won both of the games he's played and he's played VERY well in both. In the 2 games he hasn't played we're 1-2 and letting up a lot of catches in the middle of the field, please don't lump him in with the rest of the free agency overpays. That is all.
Does anyone watch any other NFL games? The NFL is awful across the board and crazier than ever. Honestly I don't know what to think other than hooray for us having 3 wins to date.
(10-07-2018, 06:21 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]and last year we had NO injuries aside from allen robinson... other than that we were the healthiest team in the entire league by a WIDE margin

I'm going to agree with Krayz on every point.
We were 3-2 last year at this time, and 3-3 the following week. If we have managed 3-2 up to this point without last years benefit of 1) defensive TD's, 2) avoidance of injuries, and 3) favorable turnover ratio, then can't we logically assume that we must be an improved team this year, at least so far? I think the real problem here may be inflated fan expectations.
Breakdown on players listed on OP:

They paid Moncrief a few million too much. But it's a one year deal. Once Lee went down - it was a good thing they had him around. He's been somewhat disappointing, but most of his incompletions are bad throws or bad timing.  He's had maybe three or four incompletions where he either dropped the ball or made a poor effort. I just think he, Blake and Hackett aren't on the same page regarding which throws on which routes are going to be placed where.

Bortles' deal looks bad on days like today, brilliant on days when we beat the patriots.  They played the middle of the road and we'll have to see how many games he earns it in moving forward.

Hayden and ASJ were good signings  - just dealing with injuries.

Norwell hasn't lived up to his salary yet, but now he's playing next to scrubs at LT. That's not gonna help him turn the corner.

The Lee deal was a bit too rich, but he proved he could be a consistent chain mover in the second half of 2017. They are missing him right now.
Meanwhile, the Cousins led Vikings are 1-2-1 and the World Champs are 2-2 and both look like crap in this game that's on the tube.
(10-07-2018, 06:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Meanwhile, the Cousins led Vikings are 1-2-1 and the World Champs are 2-2 and both look like crap in this game that's on the tube.

Because Cousins plays defense too, my bad...
(10-07-2018, 06:59 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 06:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Meanwhile, the Cousins led Vikings are 1-2-1 and the World Champs are 2-2 and both look like crap in this game that's on the tube.

Because Cousins plays defense too, my bad...

Vikes D is Duval Quality. You just can't accept that you're a bunch a bedwetting whiners.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6