Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I Can't Wait to See the Board in 1 Month
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When we're 7-2 after beating the Cowboys (awful) Texans (worse OL than ours) Eagles (London advantage) and Colts (No explanation needed). It'll be hilarious to come back here and see all the "sky is falling" "How much do we lose by cutting Blake right now?" posts. 

Take a look around at the NFL and especially the AFC. I'd love to hear how we're anything less than 2nd best in the AFC right now. And we know what Andy Reid teams do once January rolls around...
Stay the course. 

Nearly every team has a game or two like this one each season.
Cowboys awful? A really good dline, sack leader, , good LBs, one of the best corners in the league, one of the best RBs in the game, and a really good oline. I wouldnt say awful
So awesome that you’re counting wins before the games are played. If the tacks can come into our house and beat us, we are more than capable of being 3-6 a month from now. We’ve played 2 good games, one against a rookie QB and 3 bad games luckily winning one of them. Counting wins in advance in the NFL is foolish at best and down right idiotic at worst.
Cowboys are far from awful lol
I can't wait to see your reaction when this team fails yet again in the playoffs thanks to Bortles.
(10-07-2018, 09:16 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]So awesome that you’re counting wins before the games are played. If the tacks can come into our house and beat us, we are more than capable of being 3-6 a month from now. We’ve played 2 good games, one against a rookie QB and 3 bad games luckily winning one of them. Counting wins in advance in the NFL is foolish at best down right idiotic at worst.

You must be soooo fun at parties

It's really not that hard to predict Wins and Losses
(10-07-2018, 09:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Cowboys awful? A really good dline, good LBs, one of the best corners in the league, one of the best RBs in the game, and a really good oline.  I wouldnt say awful

Yeah. That cowboys pass rush will eat this banged up Jags o-line for lunch on passing downs if they don't play better than they did today. 

Should be able to run on them fairly well though.  I wonder who will be spelling Yeldon next week (assuming Fournette is still out) 

Alfred Blue averaging 4.9 per carry tonight so far vs the cowboys.
I said before the season started this was a 8-8 team. to many top teams we havve to play.
Cowboys have a top 5 rushing defense that game is not a gimme
(10-07-2018, 09:17 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2018, 09:16 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: [ -> ]So awesome that you’re counting wins before the games are played. If the tacks can come into our house and beat us, we are more than capable of being 3-6 a month from now. We’ve played 2 good games, one against a rookie QB and 3 bad games luckily winning one of them. Counting wins in advance in the NFL is foolish at best down right idiotic at worst.

You must be soooo fun at parties

It's really not that hard to predict Wins and Losses
Actually being a DJ I’m great at parties. BTW aren’t you the one who said our roster is more talented than KC’s? How’s that working out for ya?
Cowboys will not be a walk in the park, but I get the sentiment. Still, you will have to play these guys again in their house most likely in a couple months if we want to get to the super bowl and we got waxed. The Bengals look good, the Patriots are back on track, and we still have to figure out a way to beat Tennessee 1 more time. This year is still very much in flux. It will be nice if you are 7-2, but when we get back into the meat of the schedule and end up 9-7, its not going to matter much if we don't win the division.
(10-07-2018, 09:17 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]I can't wait to see your reaction when this team fails yet again in the playoffs thanks to Bortles.

[Image: tenor.gif]
(10-07-2018, 09:08 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]When we're 7-2 after beating the Cowboys (awful) Texans (worse OL than ours) Eagles (London advantage) and Colts (No explanation needed). It'll be hilarious to come back here and see all the "sky is falling" "How much do we lose by cutting Blake right now?" posts. 

Take a look around at the NFL and especially the AFC. I'd love to hear how we're anything less than 2nd best in the AFC right now. And we know what Andy Reid teams do once January rolls around...

So wait, if we beat 3 awful teams (your words I do not agree they are awful) then you want to come back here thinking we are something we are not? I do not think we are the 2nd best in the afc, honestly we are currently 2nd best in our division. I would feel better saying we are 2nd best in the AFC if we had been competitive in this game, but we weren't. Granted we were missing several of our starters which allowed them to dominate us, however when people are trying to predict us beating anyone I have a bad feeling. This is the NFL and we are NOT hands down better than ANY of the teams you listed, I do not think we are hands down worse than any of the teams you listed either. I think we fall into that any given sunday where nothing is a gimme and we need to treat each team like they are super bowl contenders.
Your board reminds me of ours after the Rams game. There were people writing off the season after that game. Two straight victories since, the return of Corey Liuget making a major difference on defence and for the most part people are confident again. 

As for your team, I'm inclined to see this loss as an anomaly. The Chiefs are on a roll, and they caught your team at a bad time,  like they did ours (without Liuget and Joey Bosa, who is still out). They are very good, but they've also been lucky as well. They have a tough schedule from this point forward so let see what happens to them.

Going forward, the Jags' schedule is very favourable and even with the present injury situation I could still see your team winning a minimum of 10 games this year,  so your team should be o.k. come December.
(10-08-2018, 04:50 AM)jachba Wrote: [ -> ]Your board reminds me of ours after the Rams game. There were people writing off the season after that game. Two straight victories since, the return of Corey Liuget making a major difference on defence and for the most part people are confident again. 

As for your team, I'm inclined to see this loss as an anomaly. The Chiefs are on a roll, and they caught your team at a bad time,  like they did ours (without Liuget and Joey Bosa, who is still out). They are very good, but they've also been lucky as well. They have a tough schedule from this point forward so let see what happens to them.

Going forward, the Jags' schedule is very favourable and even with the present injury situation I could still see your team winning a minimum of 10 games this year,  so your team should be o.k. come December.

A voice of reason! Thank you.
I told everyone befoore season started this was a 8-8 team. I stand by that prediction. they are not as good as people think.
(10-07-2018, 09:08 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]When we're 7-2 after beating the Cowboys (awful) Texans (worse OL than ours) Eagles (London advantage) and Colts (No explanation needed). It'll be hilarious to come back here and see all the "sky is falling" "How much do we lose by cutting Blake right now?" posts. 

well considering right now, today, in the playoff pecking order we are something like 8th in the conference, ya... we are not the 2nd best team in the AFC right now, but hey, keep making things up

1 month? Let's try next week.

Next week the Jags play the Cowboys. If Bortles plays well and the Jags are victorious, the normal people will crawl under a rock and won't return until Blake has another bad game.
There are no really bad teams in the NFL....and no "gimme" games.
The Jags just have to keep on tryin'....and if BB5 has another game like the chiefs
seriously think about giving Kessler a shot
Pages: 1 2 3