Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags workout Jamaal Charles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gotta wonder how much he’s got left in that tank.
An aged JC is probably still better than some PS scrubs. I'll take him.
Hope he's good at tackling DBs. That's a must in our new offense without Fournette.

Perhaps we should just line up Myles Jack at RB (since he played there at UCLA as well). Think about the benefit of having a good tackling defensive player alongside Bortles.
^
The list of workouts is growing:

Darkwa
Dayes
Charles
Murray (only a rumor)
and now C.West

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...2753127425

I mentioned West in a thread weeks ago when Fournette first hurt the hammy. Interesting option that had two different seasons as a spellback for the chiefs that avg'd 4 yards per carry and around 11 or 12 yards per reception.

(he also had a year between those to with lower numbers, so...)
Gillislee seems to be the only stone unturned in this search for help at RB, unless they got him in under the radar already.
I'll take charles, even at 31. Averaged 4.3 for the Broncos last year. Good in pass pro, reliable hands. And if hes only a spell back I think he probably still has enough left to break one for an explosive play once in a while.
Surprised we haven’t brought any tackle options in as well. The depth must be running pretty low at this point.
Jamaal Charles isn't close to the player he used to be of course but if he's fit he would definitely help in short yardage situations to spell Yeldon while Fournette recovers and I'd rather have him than a PS random guy.
Any kind of help is welcome at this point, we are probably signing a couple of RBs (Williams and another one)

(10-09-2018, 12:15 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Surprised we haven’t brought any tackle options in as well. The depth must be running pretty low at this point.

Agreed. Wishful thinking is they are exploring some trade options, we'll see.

After Cam's injury weeks ago Marrone said Richardson is also a possible depth at the LT position and that he was improving. We'll see if he gets taken into consideration but since he has been inactive so far I have my doubts he's going to come in as a starter barring another injury bug at the position. Fingers crossed we find a solution.
I wonder is they sign one does this mean they'll want to keep 4 RBs on the roster for game day or does Wilds get demoted?
(10-09-2018, 01:34 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder is they sign one does this mean they'll want to keep 4 RBs on the roster for game day or does Wilds get demoted?

I wouldn't be surprised if they waive Wilds altogether and sign two.  Williams plus a vet. 

If they promote Grinnage from PS at tight end - they have room for Wilds on the PS if they want him there.
(10-09-2018, 01:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2018, 01:34 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder is they sign one does this mean they'll want to keep 4 RBs on the roster for game day or does Wilds get demoted?

I wouldn't be surprised if they waive Wilds altogether and sign two.  Williams plus a vet. 

If they promote Grinnage from PS at tight end - they have room for Wilds on the PS if they want him there.
Yeah that's what I'm the thinking, we'll see.

I'm all good with Charles if he is in NFL shape and mind in the right place. 

I'd be really against the Murray idea because once a player shuts it down and talks or thinks retirement his head is out of it. Not only did he do that he went forward and actually retired. 

If Charles is hungry to play and in shape ... sign that man.
If only this happened about 4 or 5 years ago...
This is him from last season, week 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1hcz86DS2E

Anything like that is way better than anything Wilds could give us right now, if he's in shape like that let's hope he stays healthy even just for a few weeks to allow Fournette to return. 

Charles is also quite good at pass protection and it will be key.
Yeldon played 77 snaps out of 83 last week and on one of the few ones he wasn't there (not his fault Hackett didn't have him help the tackles earlier in the game and waited till second half for that) we witnessed Wilds totally missing out on the protection with a free rusher to Blake, play disrupted right away.
(10-09-2018, 02:44 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]This is him from last season, week 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1hcz86DS2E

Anything like that is way better than anything Wilds could give us right now, if he's in shape like that let's hope he stays healthy even just for a few weeks to allow Fournette to return. 

Charles is also quite good at pass protection and it will be key.
Yeldon played 77 snaps out of 83 last week and on one of the few ones he wasn't there (not his fault Hackett didn't have him help the tackles earlier in the game and waited till second half for that) we witnessed Wilds totally missing out on the protection with a free rusher to Blake, play disrupted right away.

I think it was at that moment they realized the guy is completely useless.
(10-09-2018, 02:49 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Charles is also quite good at pass protection and it will be key.

I think it was at that moment they realized the guy is completely useless.
[/quote]

Yeah, I think the fumble against the Patriots (which he fell on, luckily) on the only carry they gave him was a huge warning thenthat play on Sunday killed him. The guy was absolutely not ready.