Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles trade value?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What do you think he is worth right now? He has a high number of turnovers and has had a ton of yards during late game blow outs through the Bradley era. 

He’s had some elite games against the Patriots, and a few here and there.

He’s still young and he can scramble.

I would say he’s worth atleast a 3rd or early 4th.
(10-21-2018, 06:19 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Lololol. Seriously? He has no trade value.

Gabbert was worth a 6th. Think about that for a second.
A pack of gum and a cracker jack toy.
Right now nothing. In the offseason maybe something but its had to say with his contract.
Even if we hand the reigns to Kessler for the rest of the season, I don't like his chances of staying healthy the rest of the season behind this o-line. I think we'll see Bortles again before the end of the season whether it's due to performance or injury. I think you're fooling yourself on his trade value. This isn't some new trend for Bortles. He's inconsistent and the entire league knows this. The coaching managed the situation really well last season, but when things are going wrong in other areas it can't be managed or hidden. He's a guy that needs everything else going well. Teams aren't trading a 3rd or 4th for that, nor should we trade him during this season considering Kessler likely not being able to hold on to the job for the rest of the season.

I'm not here to defend Blake. I've been on the "get another QB" train for a while. It will absolutely be addressed this offseason. But we're not trading him right now both because we shouldn't at this point and because no one is giving anything up of value for him.
(10-21-2018, 06:27 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Even if we hand the reigns to Kessler for the rest of the season, I don't like his chances of staying healthy the rest of the season behind this o-line.  I think we'll see Bortles again before the end of the season whether it's due to performance or injury.  I think you're fooling yourself on his trade value.  This isn't some new trend for Bortles.  He's inconsistent and the entire league knows this.  The coaching managed the situation really well last season, but when things are going wrong in other areas it can't be managed or hidden.  He's a guy that needs everything else going well.  Teams aren't trading a 3rd or 4th for that, nor should we trade him during this season considering Kessler likely not being able to hold on to the job for the rest of the season.  

I'm not here to defend Blake.  I've been on the "get another QB" train for a while.  It will absolutely be addressed this offseason.  But we're not trading him right now both because we shouldn't at this point and because no one is giving anything up of value for him.

What do you think Bortles trade value is right now?
(10-21-2018, 06:29 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2018, 06:27 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Even if we hand the reigns to Kessler for the rest of the season, I don't like his chances of staying healthy the rest of the season behind this o-line.  I think we'll see Bortles again before the end of the season whether it's due to performance or injury.  I think you're fooling yourself on his trade value.  This isn't some new trend for Bortles.  He's inconsistent and the entire league knows this.  The coaching managed the situation really well last season, but when things are going wrong in other areas it can't be managed or hidden.  He's a guy that needs everything else going well.  Teams aren't trading a 3rd or 4th for that, nor should we trade him during this season considering Kessler likely not being able to hold on to the job for the rest of the season.  

I'm not here to defend Blake.  I've been on the "get another QB" train for a while.  It will absolutely be addressed this offseason.  But we're not trading him right now both because we shouldn't at this point and because no one is giving anything up of value for him.

What do you think Bortles trade value is right now?

It's zero based on the circumstances at the moment.  It might come back to being something like a 5th thru 7th rounder during the off season.  His deal is team friendly, but a trade would still be doing us a huge favor.  If I'm aware of this, every GM in the league is as well.  Also, the teams that might have the room to take on his contract are already starting rookie QBs.  There's no need to trade mid-season for a guy to be a back up.  

The only team that has the space and perhaps a need at QB1 is the 49ers and they're 1-5.  And Bortles being better than Beathard right now is debatable and most would probably take Beathard.  The Niners aren't trying to save their season and they're not giving up any significant draft pick and taking $20 million of contract space away from us.  

Lastly, if we have any chance of righting this ship and winning this miserable division I have a feeling it would be with Bortles, not Kessler.  This offseason, I wouldn't be shocked at all though if Bortles is traded (assuming we can get something for him), kept as a 1 year back up/mentor to a rookie or cut outright.
Facepalm/
Trade?

You would literally have to pay someone to take over his contract.
So, no ham sandwich pics yet. I'm disappointed.
(10-21-2018, 07:24 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]So, no ham sandwich pics yet. I'm disappointed.

That's because a ham sandwich would be a ridiculously high offer.
(10-21-2018, 06:19 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think he is worth right now? He has a high number of turnovers and has had a ton of yards during late game blow outs through the Bradley era. 

[Image: 891f9ee33524dcff9fdda13d55eb4e41.jpg]
He has pretty much the same value as Osweiler had for the Texans: they had to give a pick to Cleveland to unload him and his contract.
Not saying Bortles is Osweiler but the situation is similar, no one is coming to free that cap space for us by taking Bortles with that contract and that 2019 cap hit.
[Image: taco-bell.jpg]
(10-22-2018, 02:42 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ][Image: taco-bell.jpg]

I'd rather have the crunch wrap supreme.
I would go calling whatever team has a serious injury at the position.
The question is how high of a pick would we have to give up for someone to take his contract. It would be like the Osweiler trade. Texans had to give up a 2nd for the Browns to take Osweiler. We would probably have to give up a 3rd for someone to take Bortles
(10-22-2018, 06:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]The question is how high of a pick would we have to give up for someone to take his contract.  It would be like the Osweiler trade.  Texans had to give up a 2nd for the Browns to take Osweiler. We would probably have to give up a 3rd for someone to take Bortles

If he continues on like he has been playing, it would almost be worth it.
(10-21-2018, 06:19 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think he is worth right now? He has a high number of turnovers and has had a ton of yards during late game blow outs through the Bradley era. 

bro, please tell me this is a joke

you cant possibly actually think that

LOLOLOLOLOL

we couldnt GIVE A TEAM A 4TH ROUNDER to take him and his HORRIBLE contract, let alone get a 3rd for him

like seriously, the guys trade value is NEGATIVE, we would have to give up stuff for a team to take his contract from us
LOL

you think some other team wants to take bortles and that 20m/year contract? yeah no... you're eating that one
Pages: 1 2 3