Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: One thing that could help this team improve....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is for the receivers to get open and catch the ball.  As much grief as we give Bortles, Cole (in particular) did him no favors today.  We know that Cole and Westbrook are capable of having monster games--we've seen it. In the last three games, they've practically disappeared, and there's no reason for it.  I'm not saying these guys are Jerry Rice, but we know they can be very good...and they just haven't been playing like it lately.

Moncrief played well today. Chark had a few catches, but needs to step it up.
Teams figured out how to beat the jags. putting 8 and 9 in box to stop run and make BB5 beat them doesnt work our recieveres left one on one get seperation with crossing routes and BB5 can beat them passing. The titans said hey we no stack box we play zone and freak BB5 out and he no play good and we spy him (take hint walsh you idiot) and he no can run. since the Titans game only team stack the box is the jets and is the only team we beat. Hacket needs to call plays that work against zone and 6 and 7 back in coverage.
Cole is really disappointing considering how he played last season. Thought we'd see him take the next step, but all he is doing is proving why he went undrafted.
They said that this team led the league in drops coming into this game and they had another 4-5 of them today. At least two of which were early on in the 2nd and 3rd series. Cole dropped 2 easy catches on 3rd down which killed both drives.
(10-21-2018, 11:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]They said that this team led the league in drops coming into this game and they had another 4-5 of them today.  At least two of which were early on in the 2nd and 3rd series. Cole dropped 2 easy catches on 3rd down which killed both drives.

I was a big fan of Cole before the season, but I am losing confidence in him week by week.
(10-21-2018, 11:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]They said that this team led the league in drops coming into this game and they had another 4-5 of them today. At least two of which were early on in the 2nd and 3rd series. Cole dropped 2 easy catches on 3rd down which killed both drives.

As always, a rate stat is better than overall stats. We're somewhere in the middle according to NFL matchup.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DpjdGqrXgAAyE9_.jpg:medium
These receivers are seconds or thirds on most teams. No speed, no hands, no will to fight for the balls.
(10-22-2018, 12:44 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2018, 11:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]They said that this team led the league in drops coming into this game and they had another 4-5 of them today.  At least two of which were early on in the 2nd and 3rd series. Cole dropped 2 easy catches on 3rd down which killed both drives.

As always, a rate stat is better than overall stats. We're somewhere in the middle according to NFL matchup.

Oh????????

https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/10...2028349440
Yeah we had a few drops Sunday that changed things.
(10-23-2018, 02:31 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah we had a few drops Sunday that changed things.

Oh, it was only because of this Sunday? I wouldn't mind seeing the date of the image you linked. It is from the same twitter, so it's obviously there. How early on in the season was it? Why didn't you just link the full tweet, instead of just the graphic? I'm guessing it's probably because it was from real early on in the season? Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if your image was from the first 2-3 games of the season.
Oh here's our OL giving our QB plenty of time though right guys? Not much pressure at all right?

https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/10...6201300995

(10-23-2018, 02:31 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah we had a few drops Sunday that changed things.

???? Please keep paying attention to the date of these tweets.

https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/10...8776556544
(10-22-2018, 12:44 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok, so no wonder you only posted the image and left out the tweet...

You're trying to use a stat from multiple weeks ago, as if it applies to yesterday... Are you serious right now dude?

This tweet below is the same exact image you posted above... Notice the date boys.. Oct 9th...

https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/10...6592251904
(10-22-2018, 08:42 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]These receivers are seconds or thirds on most teams. No speed, no hands, no will to fight for the balls.

That's the thing, though. Cole has hands, speed, and the will to fight. Westbrook has speed and will fight for it. Moncrief, well, he's fast. When he feels like running.

The receivers can play. We've seen it. Bortles hasn't done them any favors lately, and they might be as tired of him as the defense is. You can't pin it all on one player, I know, but when other players are all but coming out and saying that Bortles is the reason this team is falling apart, you have to wonder if it's having an effect on the guys who were good enough seven months ago to let A-Rob walk and cut Hurns.

Yes, it's getting worse every week as another and another starter goes on IR.
(10-23-2018, 03:08 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2018, 12:44 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]As always, a rate stat is better than overall stats. We're somewhere in the middle according to NFL matchup.

Ok, so no wonder you only posted the image and left out the tweet...

You're trying to use a stat from multiple weeks ago, as if it applies to yesterday... Are you serious right now dude?

This tweet below is the same exact image you posted above... Notice the date boys.. Oct 9th...

Yeah I didn't have the original tweet my bad. The guy who I sourced it from made it seem like that was up to date going into this week. I still don't think drops are the main thing to harp on though. Even with one of the highest rates we're still taking less than 5% difference between top and bottom in the league. I think the truth of what's going wrong lies with the other 95% of passes.
(10-23-2018, 11:19 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2018, 03:08 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so no wonder you only posted the image and left out the tweet...

Yeah I didn't have the original tweet my bad. The guy who I sourced it from made it seem like that was up to date going into this week. I still don't think drops are the main thing to harp on though. Even with one of the highest rates we're still taking less than 5% difference between top and bottom in the league. I think the truth of what's going wrong lies with the other 95% of passes.
Bro, the drop % has gone up week by week, in each of these last 3 losses.. That's not just a coincidence, it's because they play a pretty good role in this Offense struggling so much. Just like the injuries play a role, as well as poor play and turnovers play a role.

There's plenty going wrong on this Offense right now and it's far from just being Bortles. He's absolutely part of the reason, he needs to stop turning the damn football over. The receivers need to catch the damn ball and the OL needs to block better.

We have one of the highest rate of drops in the league. One of the highest pressure allowed %s in the league and one of the highest turnover rates in the league. The entire Offense is a [BLEEP] show.
(10-23-2018, 04:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2018, 11:19 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I didn't have the original tweet my bad. The guy who I sourced it from made it seem like that was up to date going into this week. I still don't think drops are the main thing to harp on though. Even with one of the highest rates we're still taking less than 5% difference between top and bottom in the league. I think the truth of what's going wrong lies with the other 95% of passes.
Bro, the drop % has gone up week by week, in each of these last 3 losses.. That's not just a coincidence, it's because they play a pretty good role in this Offense struggling so much. Just like the injuries play a role, as well as poor play and turnovers play a role.

There's plenty going wrong on this Offense right now and it's far from just being Bortles. He's absolutely part of the reason, he needs to stop turning the damn football over. The receivers need to catch the damn ball and the OL needs to block better.

We have one of the highest rate of drops in the league. One of the highest pressure allowed %s in the league and one of the highest turnover rates in the league. The entire Offense is a [BLEEP] show.

I love how when a stat he uses to support his point is shown to be erroneous, it suddenly becomes a meaningless stat.
(10-23-2018, 06:53 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]I love how when a stat he uses to support his point is shown to be erroneous, it suddenly becomes a meaningless stat.

No I was always saying it was a meaningless stat (and not meaningless as you said, just way overrated), thus trying to show that we were middle of the pack at the time. Drops are one of the smallest factors as to why our offense is failing right now.
Drops on 3rd down feel kinda meaningful to me.
(10-24-2018, 04:23 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Drops on 3rd down feel kinda meaningful to me.

Meaningless stat, overrated stat, meaningful stat... 

What's the difference? 

Big Grin
Pages: 1 2