Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What I saw against Houston
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Campbell is still a shell of himself
Kessler has a 1.75 seconds faster release than Bort 
Yeldon is our entire offense
Cann got killed by Clowney it was bad
Bortles just has this “meh” I’m rich attitude
Westbrook needs more touches
Fowler got good pressure 
Yan was getting chipped and doubled again
Smith was missing tackles again
Ramsey actually played good in my eyes
Gipson should have picked that one
Church is playing like Campbell 
Bouye played good 

The dline is not getting home so our secondary is having to cover an extra half second.

That’s on the defensive coach. You have a team full of pro bowl players and your sitting zone and rushing 4.
3 for 50 with one spectacular catch and one burn for a TD. I'd say Ramsey played just fine. The Texans offensive line played their [BLEEP] off, I thought the way the first two series went that Yan was going to have a 5 sack day, then (poof) the pressure went away.
(10-22-2018, 01:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]3 for 50 with one spectacular catch and one burn for a TD. I'd say Ramsey played just fine. The Texans offensive line played their [BLEEP] off, I thought the way the first two series went that Yan was going to have a 5 sack day, then (poof) the pressure went away.
Yea.... Except they pressured Watson on 18 of his 25 throws.
Ramsey is still the best CB in the NFL. I tell you what...if they don’t get Bortles outta there, Ramsey will break the bank in another city. I won’t blame him at all.
(10-22-2018, 01:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2018, 01:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]3 for 50 with one spectacular catch and one burn for a TD. I'd say Ramsey played just fine. The Texans offensive line played their [BLEEP] off, I thought the way the first two series went that Yan was going to have a 5 sack day, then (poof) the pressure went away.
Yea.... Except they pressured Watson on 18 of his 25 throws.

Pressure didn't seem to matter much.
(10-22-2018, 01:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2018, 01:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Yea.... Except they pressured Watson on 18 of his 25 throws.

Pressure didn't seem to matter much.
So which is it? The pressure wasn't there or there was pressure and it didn't matter?

You're claiming the pressure went away when it actually didn't. It was there all game but the Texans didn't really need to throw because our offense can't do anything at all.
(10-22-2018, 01:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2018, 01:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Pressure didn't seem to matter much.
Except you're claiming the pressure went away when it actually didn't. It was there all game but the Texans didn't really need to throw because our offense can't do anything at all.

As I said, I thought it could be a 5 sack day based on the abuse the left tackle was taking in the first 10 or 12 plays. It didn't materialize and the Texans line was supposed to be awful.
(10-22-2018, 01:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2018, 01:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Except you're claiming the pressure went away when it actually didn't. It was there all game but the Texans didn't really need to throw because our offense can't do anything at all.

As I said, I thought it could be a 5 sack day based on the abuse the left tackle was taking in the first 10 or 12 plays. It didn't materialize and the Texans line was supposed to be awful.

The first few drives Yannick was causing havoc. There was a 3rd and 9 where we sent 7 and the Texans blocked it beautifully and Fuller got the first. Our 3rd down D has been very sloppy but it's usually 3rd and 5 or less and we play the same cover 2 as if it was 3rd and 10.

D had bad field position for the first drive which they held to 3 and the TD to Hopkins was from another Bortles fumble in the 20. D did ok, O just couldn't do anything.