Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So what has changed?.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It’s obvious there’s a lot of frustration. I guess I’m just attempting to add (different?) perspective.

Last year our D was starting to get recognition as an elite defense so I pondered the differences between 2017 & 2018 in our team. I dug deep into the memory bank and thought about how opportunistic that D was and then I remembered how many times that opportunistic D won games for us. There was a long stretch of games that I recalled where the D actually needed to score to win the games......... and they did it. Every time (with the exception of the last few weeks) we needed our D to create magic, they did. I don’t believe you can maintain level of reliability. So now the D this year is obviously not getting those momentum killing turnovers or stops and make no mistake that this D feeds off of their big plays like no other. If they catch a groove they’re unreal and still will be. They seem to be pressing so hard that they can’t get out of their own way. Case in point, Gip had a play on the ball in our end zone but he couldn’t bring in the int. Last years team makes that play. Obviously that didn’t happen yesterday, it got into their head, and the very next play they give up a rushing td. So now the bullseye shifts to the offense.
The glaring break downs on Offense were/are still there although I do think Bortles has somewhat progressed in our O’s concepts and in his mechanics. I know he’s laid a couple eggs here lately, but without being a week to week spaz, I think he’ll bounce back again when the Fournette/Hyde tandem starts to become a factor. Bortles has moments but that’s about all we’ll get from him. I just want him to at least be a consistent game manager. I remain optimistic, and week “X” (27’s return) can’t get here soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's part of it. But there's probably not one single reason. Also contributing is the injuries on the OL and other first string players are resulting in more 3 and outs resulting in the defense being on the field longer and getting tired quicker. I think this might have been what Ramsey was alluding to the other day when he said everyone knows what's going on but can't say it. Some people think Poz retiring may be resulting in some missed calls on defense, I guess that's possible too.
Expectations.